General Electric (GE) South Africa is a diversified technology, media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
All of GE’s businesses have ground operations on the continent; in addition, our large-scale corporate citizenship initiative, Developing Health GloballyTM, a $30 million product investment project started in 2003, plans to improve both hospitals and clinics at a total of 30 sites in 10 countries on the continent. Going forward, the company is focusing on creating partnerships and providing a wide range of solutions that will support Africa’s infrastructure transformation and industrial growth.
Job Number: 1225052
Function: Human Resources – HR Client Support
Business: GE Corporate – International
Career Level: Experienced
Location: J Burg, South Africa,Algeria,Egypt,Nigeria
Successful candidate will be a part of the GE Middle East & Africa HR Team and will work closely with team members to ensure consistent application of HR policies throughout the Africa continent. Human Resource Manager will be responsible for advancing GE’s employee value proposition across the continent.
- Partner with local and country HR managers to implement strategies and drive HR initiatives that contribute to the development of the employment base in Africa.
- Facilitate GE’s various localization efforts by partnering with internal and external teams to fill talent gaps.
- Standardize HR practices, procedures, policies to ensure one GE approach.
- Establish and drive the Session C agenda, including strong performance management.
- Manage and follow-up on compliance risks and investigations, including working with regulatory bodies.
- Partner with government and other external organizations to understand approach to labor and employment regulations. Utilize that knowledge to ensure GE is taking a proactive approach in compling with those regulations
- Facilitate with local businesses and Crotonville a focused and consolidated learning and development plan, including compliance, Skills, Leadership training and development programs, including apprenticeship and entry level leadership programs.
- Partner with employee services team to ensure country HR infrastructure has consistent and repeatable processes.
Degree qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines.
- Minimum 7 years HR Generalist experience on the African continent with ideally 2-5 years of HR leadership in a multinational environment.
- Demonstrated success in development & application of up-to-date practice in employee relations, HR policy & formulation, recruitment & staffing and training & development.
- Strong written & oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and multicultural/international environments.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work in a matrix team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and initiate, lead and manage change.
- Project management, facilitation and complex problem-solving skills.
- Bi-ligual – Fluent in English and French or Portuguese
- Knowledge of labor law
- High energy level, driven with positive enthusiasm & a pragmatic approach.
Apply for this job