Assist the Brand Manager/Group Product Manager in the overall management of a brand portfolio in order to achieve agreed, sales, profit and marketing objectives.
To assist the Brand Manager/Group Product Manager in all activities, including:
Collaborates with the Brand Manager / Group Product Manager on marketing strategies and brand plans by ASSISTING in the following areas :
- Evaluating overall market trends and competitive activity
- Analysing sales, expenditure and brand profitability
- Developing strategies to be adopted for the achievement of marketing objectives
- Positioning of the brands within the market place
- Developing effective media strategies
- Developing promotional plans in close collaboration with Channel and Sales Department.
- Proposing packaging and formulation development plans
- Initiating market research projects
in order to ensure that brand objectives are met.
Implements plans under supervision of the Brand Manager / Group Product Manager :
- Assisting in the development of advertising campaigns by the advertising agency, by participating in the briefing and creative evaluation processes and maintaining close liaison with the agency.
- Submitting final media plans to Brand Manager / Group Product Manager for approval and ensuring that the advertising is executed in accordance with this plan.
- Initiating proposals for consumer and trade promotions and, once approved, ensuring their efficient execution and evaluation upon completion.
- Initiating proposals for market research and analysing results.
- Implementing changes to product, packaging and pricing where appropriate in order to meet the demands of the trading environment.
- Controlling Advertising & Promotions expenditure and submitting a report on monthly deviations against budget and latest estimate.
- Monitoring the activity of the relevant markets and continually reviewing the performance of each brand within its market with the aid of research (eg ACNielsen Retail Audit) and recommending appropriate corrective action where necessary.
in order to ensure that agreed brand objectives are achieved.
Assists the Brand Manager / Group Product Manager in proposals for New Product Development in order to meet existing or potential market growth opportunities.
Assist with Sales Forecasts for brands by reviewing sales trends and planned promotional activities.
- Minimum 3 year Marketing Diploma/Degree
- Must be studying part in 2012
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Flexibility and resilience
- Inter personal relations
- Action orientation
- Basic financial skills
- Analytical skills
- Computer literacy
- Marketing Strategy & Principles
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 31 August 2012
Apply Online (Click More Jobs > …)