Google Jobs in Johannesburg, South Africa: Country Manager South Africa
At Google South Africa, we believe a salesperson’s success depends on the customer’s success – and we offer our clients technology solutions to help them grow their business and maximise their return on their marketing investment. This ability requires our Sales team to have varied skills and talents, including thorough knowledge of the advertising business, understanding of complex technologies and the ability to sell effectively. We also have a keen eye for new opportunities and a skill for presenting them effectively to our clients.
The role: Country Manager South Africa
You will manage Google’s sales and business development operations within South Africa. You have deep sales experience, demonstrated general management capability, and a proven ability to build a team. You will be responsible for developing and executing on the overall market strategy within the country. This includes determining the appropriate channel strategy, support model, staffing requirements, partners, target advertisers, and coordinating with functional teams to achieve desired goals. The primary focus will be on top tier client and agency opportunities.
Google Job Responsibilities:
- General management of South African operations including the development and execution of the overall country strategy.
- Build a sales organization to call upon leading advertisers within South Africa, driving revenue growth across different verticals
- Build and maintain relations with key agencies and Search Engine Marketers (SEMs).
- Build and develop partnerships that will grow the online marketplace in South Africa
- Coordinate closely with centralized teams to meet the needs of the market.
Google Job Requirements:
- MA/MS degree preferred, MBA preferred
- Strong sales management experience in technology and/or advertising and/or Internet as well as general management experience.
- Proven record of strategic development of Fortune 1000 client base.
- Ability to focus and prioritize in a fast growing business environment.
- Strong relationships within the advertising and technology spaces in the region.
- Experience in building strategic partnerships and track record of growing a market is preferred.