Posted on :
15 Aug, 2013
15 Aug, 2013
REF NO: GPW13/36
Branch: Financial Services
Directorate: Financial Services
Re-Advertised: Candidates who applied previously may re-apply.
The successful candidate will provide a proactive management accounting service that meets GPW’s business needs. This encompasses general direction, supervises and performs professional management accounting duties in the pro-active analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial results, budgets, forecasts and reports.
SALARY : All-inclusive remuneration package of R771 306 – R 908 571 per annum. The package includes a basic salary (70% of package), State’s contribution to the Government Employee Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion that may be structured in terms of specific guidelines.
CENTRE : Pretoria.
A recognized degree (NQF Level 6) in an industry – related field and/or in a business / commerce field
* 4 to 5 years proven experience of which at least 3 years must be in a manufacturing environment
* 2 to 3 years’ experience in a management capacity
* Innovative problem-solving and analytical skills
* Presentation skills
* Organizing and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work and make decisions under rapidly changing and pressurized circumstances
* Ability to persuade and influence
*Lead and direct teams of professionals and service providers
* Ability to function in a team
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Create, implement and monitor processes and procedures around the creation of monthly forecasts
* Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
*Inform key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies
* Implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
*Contribute to medium and long-term business planning
* Advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
* Offer professional judgment on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance
* Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
* Monitor and evaluate financial information systems
* Provide timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis
* Investigate variances against budgets and provide analysis of differences
* Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cashflow forecasts
* Develop and maintain financial policies, procedures and prescripts
* Supervise subordinates.
ENQUIRIES : Mr. MSA Barnard, Tel. (012) 334-4546
Applications must be submitted on a Form Z.83 (obtainable from any Public Service department), accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID and addressed to:
The Branch: Human Resources,
Government Printing Works,
C/O Bosman and Proes Streets,
or post to
Private Bag X85, Pretoria 0001
FOR ATTENTION : Mr L Cengani.
CLOSING DATE : 16 August 2013
NOTE : Short-listed candidates must be available for interviews at a date and time determined by the Government Printing Works. The Government Printing Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is intended to promote representivity through the filling of this post. The candidature of persons whose appointment/transfer/promotion will promote representivity will receive preference. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a competency assessment, reference checks, and must obtain a positive security clearance. Applications received after the closing date as well as those that do not comply with the requirements will not be taken into consideration. If you have not received a response from this institution within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.