UCT’s Communication and Marketing Department is looking to appoint a graduate intern to work in its newsroom and publications unit, starting in January 2016.
This is a full-time, one-year contract position.
The successful candidate will be involved in shaping UCT’s print and online presence, and sharing its stories with a wide audience – with particular emphasis on Monday Monthly, UCT e-newsletters and online news.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (either undergraduate or postgraduate), or be working towards a qualification in film, digital media, communication or related areas;
- A compelling portfolio showing an ability across a range of media;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- An interest in the changing world of digital marketing and communication and preferably some exposure to, or experience with, digital and social media platforms;
- A conscientious and committed work ethic, coupled with a willingness to learn from others, and try new things;
- Enthusiasm to work in a changing communication environment that requires strategic thinking and strong empathic abilities;
An interest and experience in human-centred digital storytelling and/or data journalism and visualisation will be advantageous.
The annual cost of employment is between R91 297 and R162 061.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to [email protected]:
– UCT Application Form (download at Click Here to Apply)
– One-page letter of motivation
– A two-page CV
– A portfolio showing the strength and diversity of your work
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application that does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete, and will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be asked to do a competency test.
Telephone: 021 6503868 Website: www.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E51107
Closing date: 30 November 2015
Click Here to Apply ONLINE