Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Junior Construction Engineer (Completion) for Kusile Site reporting to the Construction Manager. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- 0-2 Years’ experience in relevant engineering of construction capacity.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A relevant Engineering Degree /Diploma in the Mechanical Field
- GDP Programme
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Responsible for the handling and processing of all engineering issues appertaining to the projects ducting and
- to the Construction departments by handling engineering relatedissues, investigations, site queries and solutions.
Key Performance IndIcators:
- Responsible for the handling and processing of all engineering related issues appertaining to the projects ducting and bunkers pre assembly and erection process.
- Interface to the Construction departments by handling engineering relatedissues, investigations, site queries and solutions.
- Engineering as mentioned in the main Purpose of the job (Above)
- Assist with the compilation of work packages for construction purposes.
- Produce method statements for engineering related site instructions. (e.g. Rework and modifications)
- Interact with commercial, construction, engineering and project control departments in order to meet
- Project deliverables.
- Timeously identify potential risks and problems areas, interpret consequences and advise on and follow up on implementation and mitigating actions.
- Produce and manage site engineering queries, site instructions and requests for information (RFI).
- Good communicator
- Sense of urgency
- Good planning ability
- Pro-active person with initiative
- Ability to get things done
- Sound Judgment
- Good problem solving abilities
- Ability to co-ordinate and build relationships