Hatch provides process and detail engineering, technologies, business consulting and project and construction management services to clients in the metals, infrastructure and energy sectors.
We have more than 8,000 staff in 60 offices worldwide. There is a current vacancy for a Director – Energy, Africa, Europe and Middle East, AEM. As the Director you will be required to build a HATCH Energy team for the AEM region based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The primary focus of the role will be to increase business activity within this region to complement our global Energy business. The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the Energy business in South Africa and Africa and that will see you developing new business combined with managing and maximizing existing relationships within the Energy sector.
To be considered for this opportunity the ideal candidate will have experience in developing business within the Oil & Gas, and Power Generation sectors, combined with a high level of knowledge of the chemical process and associated applications.
- Manage, create, and target business development opportunities within the South Africa, African and Middle Eastern Markets
- Assist in the professional development of a new team aligned with the objectives
- Participate as a member of the global Energy leadership team
- Participate as a member of the South African management team
- Develop and leverage off existing relationships with key industry clients and contacts
- Identify and manage project opportunities including leading and supervising tenders, bids and presentations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Recognized Engineering Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline along with Membership of Institution of Engineers, South Africa
- Significant senior level experience (minimum 20 years) in the energy industry resource sector.
- A strong client focus and relationship building with stakeholders
- Strong leadership and management skills and abilities, including excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Proven track record in business development desirable
- Post graduate and/or management qualifications are desirable in addition it is expected that the successful candidate will have:
- Presentation and group facilitation experience on major projects
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, confidence and determination
- Sound knowledge or South Africa codes and standards
- High Level safety awareness