Posted on :
2 Oct, 2014
2 Oct, 2014
Component: Heritage Resource Management Services
To assist in the rendering of professional heritage resources management services.
• An appropriate B -degree/ Diploma (or equivalent qualification) with a major in a Heritage related discipline in Archaeology/ Anthropology/ Architecture/ Environmental Law/ Humanities/ Paleontology/ Social Sciences/ Town Planning/ Urban Design or related subject (not Tourism);
• A valid code 08 (B/EB) drivers’ licence.
• Post graduate qualification in one of the above areas;
• Work experience in heritage resources environment;
Key performance areas:
• Assist with rendering of professional heritage resource management services in terms of National Heritage Resources Act (Act 25 of 1999) and other heritage related policies and regulations;
• Identifying, documenting, evaluating, protecting and promoting of heritage resources;
• Advise concerned individuals on the implementation of heritage related legislation and policy;
• Preparing recommendations for the committee and the Heritage Western Cape Council and EXCo.
• Knowledge of the following:
o National Heritage Resource Act, 25 of 1999 and related regulations and policies.
o Heritage-related legislation and policies;
• Proven computer literacy (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Internet, Google Earth, Access, etc.);
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
• Research and analytical skills;
• Good planning and organising skills.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will receive further correspondence. If you have not received a response from the department within three months of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit originally certified copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
SALARY: R 183 438 – R 216 084 per annum
SALARY LEVEL: 7
CLOSING DATE: 3 October 2014 @ 16:00
ENQUIRIES: Mr Z Shiceka at (021) 483 9692