Posted on :
17 Dec, 2014
17 Dec, 2014
Hollard Insurance requires a Strategic Business Development Manager.
• A relevant Business degree or National Diploma
• At least 3 years appropriate in business development experience within business-to-business selling environment
• Preferably 5 or more years strategic accounts management experience, and/or proven sales track record
• Insurance experience
• Sound knowledge and experience in life and/or short term insurance
• Sales and sales management experience
• Market and competitor knowledge
• Understand the Hollard structure and their partner model
• Understand FSB, FAIS, ASISA, TCF principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills that promote good relationships
• Presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Intense people orientation
• Closing Skills,
• Motivation for Sales
• Prospecting Skills’
• Sales Planning
• Selling to Customer Needs,
• Market Knowledge
• Negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal qualities
• Able to work flexible hours and travel
• Customer focused
• Achievement orientation
• Self management
New Business Development
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging the network.
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the potential markets
• Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending investments
• Call potential clients in the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities in following areas
• Explore opportunies in the following :
o FMCI, Branch, Legal Product, Funeral, VAP Partnerships, Worksite Marketing
o opportunities, Burial Society and Stokvel ,New Credit Retail Partnerships, Clothing Retail Partnerships ,Products, RA, Savings & UT
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
• Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
• Participate in pricing the solution/service.
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
• Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
• Proactive sourcing of new business opportunities linked to HAD strategy and aims
• Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Explore the possibilities of Single Premium Products and New Premium Collection Opportunities
• Multiple Hollard Business Units or Product Partners driving the process to:
o Provide an initial assessment of the desirability of the product or channel for Hollard, evaluating the fit to Hollard’s Aims and capabilities, the quality and/or reputation of the individuals / organisation, the viability of the product idea or channel
o Formulate a strategy and tactics on how to approach the opportunity
o Engage effectively with the opportunity ensuring that the optimum Hollard wide proposal is formulated for the opportunity
o Acceptance of the proposal by the opportunity to the point of a decision to implement, ensuring smooth and comprehensive hand-over to a live environment
• Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
• Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
• Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
How to Apply