Posted on :
2 Jul, 2014
2 Jul, 2014
The role is that of sales and business development, targeting existing and prospective new channel partners across the given region of English and Portuguese Speaking Africa. For each of the new channel partners, he/she is responsible for recruiting that aforementioned channel and maximizing the use of our whole products and services portfolio to take share from others vendors, minimize dependency from specific products or opportunities, ensure a sustainable growth, as well as articulating a healthy margin, while establishing long term business relationship within the channel partner. Despite the channel management being the primary focus, this role includes also end user engagement in support the partner activity its sales opportunities.
The role will involve travel, occasional evenings away from home and carry sales targets and quarterly objectives.
This position will only suit a focused and strong sales individual who can prove a successful sales background, within the auto Id or supply chain solutions industries.
• Develop account plans for existing channel partners, in line with regional channel strategy, and execute the objectives quickly and clearly.
• Establish long term business relationships with channel partner executives.
• Work closely with the channel partner in its sales opportunities, including qualification, development of joint strategies to win, etc… but also includes joint visibility on field and engagement with the end user.
• Maximize the use of our whole available products and services portfolio in each channel partners to maximize the share, generate sustainable revenue growth and a healthy margin.
• Implement the regional sales programs and campaigns in the channel partner, as well as to develop and implement the necessary specific programs and initiatives for the channel partner to ensure the expected performance.
• Develop new channels partners following regional strategic direction.
• Train and develop channel partners in relation to our product lines and sales methodologies.
• Ensure the achievement of quarterly and annual sales targets and management based objectives that will be communicated from time to time.
• Provide accurate and timely forecasts.
• Keep the CRM system up to date with all sales related activity including (but not limited to) meeting schedules, meeting notes, contact persons, business plans, MSAS plans as appropriate, quotations, price requests, revenue forecast data, SKU requirement data, schedule dates and sales team members. Take responsibility for the data integrity in the system.
• Be able to report weekly performance to the leadership of specific opportunities. Furthermore, sales data, progress on incentives, new product releases, sales trending and all other key performance indicators should be monitored and managed on a pro-active and continual basis. At all times, understand the ‘health’ of the business being managed.
Experience and qualifications
• Successful and demonstrable track record of channel management and can articulate the principles of good channel structure.
• Minimum 5yrs continuous sales experience in channel development and management in the auto ID / Supply Chain solution sectors.
• Able to demonstrate and articulate the benefits of working with distribution in their channel partners.
• Business degree preferred but not mandatory.
Job specific skills
• Strong sales management skills including thorough knowledge of the sales process and strategic techniques to achieve objectives.
• Ability to make the best use of time and resources.
• High level of communication and presentation skills.
• IT literate.
• Understand and articulate basic business finance terms and the necessity for financial control.
• The ability to prepare a business plan outlining the salient points of development with specific channel partners.
• A basic understanding of business, HR and contractual laws for the region.
• Competent author of business letters and reports.
• Has the ability to say no when the circumstance demand
The candidate should have a ‘thick skin’ and be able to converse in English fluently and Portuguese language is a big plus.
How to Apply