Posted on :
16 Sep, 2010
16 Sep, 2010
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. HP South Africa recruits L&D Program Manager II
· Participates on global and cross-organizational teams on needs assessment, intervention selection, design, development, implementation, reporting, and continuous innovation and improvement of learning solutions.
· Completes small to medium projects assigned.
· Manages the lifecycle of small to medium projects from development to implementation.
· Accountable for operational goals and the management of project level financial planning, budgeting, and tracking/reporting.
· Builds knowledge and provides input on area of expertise.
· Contributes to the introduction of new methods and processes for improving project operations.
· Aligns project priorities with business and L&D strategies under guidance from senior project managers.
· Contributes to corporate-, business-, or function specific training programs that impact multiple business units globally.
· Typically partners with a more senior expert/master development role to support clients.
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree, advanced university degree preferred or equivalent experience.
· Typically 1-3 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Good project management skills.
· Good facilitation and consulting skills.
· Good business and financial planning acumen.
· Good leadership, communication, change management, and project management skills.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Program Management & Optimization
Identifies program success criteria and uses these to anchor program strategies and monitor program execution
Program Cost Management
Manages and enforces program costs against utilization to ensure optimum use of HP’s assets
Captures, implements, adapts and improves project strategies & processes to achieve project outcomes
Stakeholder Negotiation & Commitment Building
Collaborates effectively with others to ensure shared commitment to an enterprise and mutually beneficial results
Project Risk & Quality Management
Applies risk assessment and quality management methods to mitigate ensure optimum project outcomes
HP Businesses/Operations Integration
Understands and effectively integrates HP’s corporate vision, line-of-business objectives, and associated value propositions within operations program design & roll-out
HR Functions & Initiatives
Understands and supports the range of functions and initiatives HR brings to bear on work-life.
Workforce Planning & Development
Values the role of human capital and strives to optimally develop this resource for the benefit of the corporation
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
Represents HP across geographical boundaries with the cultural sensitivity and business maturity appropriate to corporate access and level of responsibility involved
Job – Learning & Development
Primary Location – Panama-Panama – Panama City
Other Locations – Philippines
Schedule – Full-time
Job Type – Experienced
Shift – Day Job
Travel – No
Select South Africa as the country if it doesn’t take directly to the Job