Posted on :
28 Mar, 2017
28 Mar, 2017
The Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA), incorporated into Human Science Research Council since April 2014 seeks to invite highly motivated post graduate students, who is interested in pursuing a career in research, to apply for this research internship positions in its Programme.
The period for the internship is twenty four months and successful candidates will be based at AISA in the HSRC.
1x Science & Technology
1x Governance and Security
Pretoria – Two year contract
Applications are invited from interested candidates who hold an Honours degree in the Human Sciences and registered for a Master’s degree or who will be registering for a Master’s degree within 6 months after the appointment is made.
Sound analytical, research, writing and publication abilities will be an added advantage.
The successful incumbents will be based in Pretoria.
• Work with a research team on all aspects of conducting research, surveys and the analysis of resultant data and other relevant data sources;
• Make demonstrable progress towards the achievement of a Master’s degree;
• Develop own personal academic competencies through formal and informal training activities;
• Write up research results for conference presentations, research reports and manuscripts for publication;
• Commit to and participate in clear research trainee mentoring and capacity development activities.
• Be in possession of a Honours Degree and registered for a Master’s Degree or in the process to register for a Master’s degree within six months of appointment;
• Have an interest in research that seeks to extend and enhance the use and impact of scientific research;
• Have a sound academic record;
• Curiosity, enthusiasm and interest in a research career that includes working with statistics and data analysis;
• Be an innovative thinker;
• Must be a South African citizen.
The HSRC offers attractive, market-related packages depending on qualificationsand experience.
Applications: In your application, please include: your CV, a letter of motivation, and the details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details).
Ensure that you indicate the reference number. The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements.
Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Please submit your application to:
The Head: Human Resources, HSRC, Private Bag X41, Pretoria 0001, or hand deliver to the HSRC Building, Room S944, 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria. Alternatively applications may be e-mailed to [email protected]
(Ref. No: AISA MA- Sci & Tech 03/17/ AISA MA- Gov & Sec 03/17)
Please indicate the reference number in the subject line, applications that do not adhere to this, will not be considered. For enquiries (not applications) please contact Dr T Simelane on +27 12 316 9771.
The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its senior managers and research leaders who are black, female or disabled.
Closing Date: 7 April 2017.
We encourage applicants to submit prior to that date. Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates who are interviewed will be advised of the outcome of the interview.
The HSRC Reserves the right to not make an appointment
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.