Posted on :
23 Feb, 2016
23 Feb, 2016
The Finance department delivers a total financial service to the HSRC. This entails debtors, creditors and cash management and ensuring that the HSRC complies with relevant legislation and accounting principles.
The Finance department would like to offer two (2) newly graduated accounting students an opportunity to apply for an internship programme offered within the Finance division. The incumbent must have the ability and energy to maintaining an accounting related employment, have a positive attitude, display a strong work ethic, is motivated, hardworking, and most importantly is willing to learn.
The appointed interns would serve an internship with the HSRC for a period of two (2) years, thus allowing the appointed interns a platform to grasp and practice accounting principles in line with the framework applied by the HSRC, namely GRAP Standards.
• Capturing and processing of financial transactions,
• Preparation of monthly reconciliations;
• Perform all system activities in ACCPAC that relate to daily, monthly and year-end activities;
• Assist in the organization’s compliance audits processes;
• Processing of payments to suppliers and other key stakeholders;
• Maintenance of an efficient filling system;
• Checking and verifying of invoices to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies and procedures;
• Performance of ad-hoc duties within Finance as may be requested from time to time.
• Communication with internal and external clients.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, with a major in accounting or nearing completion;
• Must be studying towards or just completed the qualification in the previous 12 months but still seeking for employment experience;
• Proficiency in MS word (Excel Outlook, Microsoft word);
• Be able to work in a team;
• Have good time management skills;
• Good communication skills;
• The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
• Be customer service orientated and pay special attention to detail.
Applications: In your application, please include: your CV, a letter of motivation and the details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Please indicate the reference number. The HSRC will only consider applications that include the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written or oral exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Please submit your application to: The Head: Human Resources, HSRC, Private Bag X41, Pretoria 0001, or hand deliver to the HSRC Building, Room 1339, 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria. Alternatively applications may be e-mailed to email@example.com. Please indicate the reference number in the subject line, applications that do not adhere to this, will not be considered. For further enquiries not applications, please contact Mr Richard Matambo on +27 12 302 2018 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its senior managers and research leaders who are black, female or disabled.
Closing date: 3 March 2016. We encourage applicants to submit prior to that date. Applicants who have not been advised in writing within eight weeks should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates who are interviewed will be advised of the outcome of the interview.
The HSRC reserves the right to not make an appointment