Job Title: Technician – Instruments (Ref No. 11868)
Business Unit: Natref
Location: Sasolburg, Free State, South Africa
Reports to: Senior Area Manager – Instruments
Job Type: Permanent
Level of Experience: 4 to 5 years
Support maintenance and improvement of Instrumentation and control systems.
Required outputs: Functional
- o DCS and PLC systems
- o Stand-alone single loop controllers
- o Anti-Surge and Speed Control Systems
- o Burner management and flame detection systems
- o SMART instrumentation and bus systems
- o Understand P&ID and Instrumentation drawings
- o Project Handling Experience
- o SAP: Maintenance and Material management & Purchasing
- o Hazardous installation in petrochemical industry.
Required outputs: Management
- o Contribute to Effective Maintenance Strategies
- o Assist with planning and executing of Shutdown system tests.
- o Managing Unit Shutdown plans – instrumentation.
- o Project management execution
- o Coaching and leading artisan team.
Required outputs: Area team
- o Technical Support to area team.
- o Assist with area fault finding and incident investigation initiatives
- o Support is tam goals and actions.
- o Configuration and repair of instrumentation and systems.
- o Configuration and repair of Anti-Surge, Speed Control, ESD and PLC Systems.
- o Verify designs for instruments – new modifications on Instruments in production plants.
- o Ensure that Instruments designs and subsequent installations comply with OHS Act requirements.
- o Design and/or verify PLC, DCS and Shutdown Safety Systems and protection schemes.
- o Investigate and implement new technologies to improve the reliability of Instruments and quality of measurement within the refinery.
- o Liaise with vendors and other Sasol BU’s to improve the quality of instrument installation and measurements.
- o National Diploma in Engineering (T3/S4) (must)
- o Artisan Trade Test will be a recommendation
- o 4 years maintenance experience in a petro-chemical industry.
- o Driver’s Licence
- o Good communication skills
- o Negotiation skills
- o Organizational skills
- o Computer literate
- o Be creative and Inventive
- o Work independently
- o No Acrophobia (Heights)
- o Good Interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Click on this link to apply online