The Old Mutual Retail Protection Product Development Team is seeking a suitably qualified individual for a role in the team.
This role forms part of a team responsible for the product development, pricing and ongoing support of retail protection products for Emerging Markets with primary focus on South Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver experience investigations and data analyses as agreed to inform valuation and pricing bases, underwriting practices and processes.
- Ad-hoc collaborative analyses, enrichment of data and alternative data sources.
- Assist data specialist to make changes to experience investigation models when required.
- Support the systems implementation of new benefits and changes to rates.
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests from business.
- Assist in setting premiums and profit testing when required.
- Qualified actuary or actuarial student with a minimum of 9 actuarial exam credits.
- At least 2 years actuarial experience.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail.
- Previous SQL and Prophet experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Motivated self-starter who shows initiative, look for ways to improve existing processes and able to complete tasks within agreed timelines with minimal guidance.
- High levels of drive, energy and innovation.
- Client Focus
- Thinking Skills
- Decision Making
- Technical Knowledge
Please apply directly on the company website – IRC33752.
The appointment will be made from the designated group in line with the Employment Equity Plan of OMSA and the specific business unit.Preference will be given to suitably qualified and experienced SouthAfrican Equity candidates.