Posted on :
10 Jun, 2012
10 Jun, 2012
Department: Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering (Potchefstroom campus, NWU)
Various projects exist within the research scheme. Candidates will typically perform research in one of the following areas:
1) Condition monitoring of industrial cables and power cables
2) Efficiency optimisation of electrostatic precipitators (ESPs)
3) Energy related research (energy efficiency, energy management and control)
4) Electrical machines, power transformers and energy
5) Feed-in tariff power research – to feed electricity back into the grid
• A PhD degree from a reputable university is mandatory.
• The doctorate degree should have been obtained within five years before the appointment as a post-doctoral fellow and be under 45 years of age.
• Candidates should be fluent in English.
• Candidates should have an excellent academic record and research potential.
• The scheme is open to nationals of all countries.
The closing date for applications is 30 November 2012. Candidates are however encouraged to apply as early as possible. Work will commence January 2013. The final decision resides with the fellowship advisor and the department of research support.
Applicants should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications, the names and contact details of three professional references and covering letter summarising the reason for applying, to Dr. Rupert Gouws; E-mail: [email protected]; website: http://www.nwu.ac.za. More information is available on request.