Posted on :
2 Nov, 2015
MMI I&O has an exciting opportunity for an intern to join our IT Risk and Governance team based at our Centurion offices.
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE.
These product and service solutions are provided to all market segments through operating brands Metropolitan and Momentum.
We will be running a twelve month internship programme commencing in January 2016.
Information Security Management is responsible for ensuring that MMI is protected from information security threats.
To proactively address security threats that the environment faces.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• IT Diploma
• A few months working experience will be advantageous.
Intern- Information Security Work output
• Assist in firewall administration duties.
• Monitor security systems and report on any abnormal
• Perform firewall health checks
• Assist in SIEM monitoring and administration
• Report on the threats to create awareness to all relevant role players
• Conduct information security assessments.
THE APPLICANT SHOULD MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS:
All candidates must demonstrate living the MMI Values
• Team Work
• Assertiveness and willingness to learn
• Willingness to work longer hours
• Between the ages of 18-25
• Currently not in a permanent position or unemployed
• Adequate understanding of networking and subnetting
• Thorough understanding of information security and security incident.
• Knowledge of SIEM
• Organisation and Attention to Detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Goal and delivery orientated
• Self-managed and reliable
• Ability to think creatively and to look for new ways of doing things
• Must be able to function under pressure
Closing date: Monday, 9 November 2015.