Posted on :
14 Mar, 2017
14 Mar, 2017
Employing company: British American Tobacco South Africa
Location/City: Cape Town
Appointment type: Fixed term
An internship in the IT field can equip you with the on-the-job training you can use to land your dream job in the industry.
You’ll learn to diagnose problems and solve them, as well as how to prioritize tasks and work independently.
This role will operate within the wider IT Function and thereafter rotate to various functional units within the IT department whilst becoming involved in a variety of projects and activities.
1. Job rotations as per your internship program
2. Involved in a variety of IT projects and deliverables within the various rotations
3. Personal development through various training sessions and workshops to shape you as a future leader
4. Cross functional exposure to develop a holistic understanding of our organisation
5. Learn day-to-day functions of the IT department and provide assistance in Desktop Support
6. • Assist the department with new and existing projects, including hardware and software upgrades throughout the South Afrcan and SAM offices.
7. • Assist the local Help Desk with 1st level support calls and compiling statistics
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future.
Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Removal Date: 16-Mar-2017