Posted on :
24 Apr, 2017
24 Apr, 2017
Golder Associates is seeking an entry level environmental permitting Intern to join their team. The candidate will be expected to provide assistance to all facets of the environmental and permitting process during their employment.
The service areas include Integrated Water and Waste Management Planning and permitting, environmental auditing and contributing to proposal development.
The position is based in Golders Pretoria office (Menlyn) and appointed staff will form part of the Environmental Africa Group.
The appointed Intern will be accountable through the line management structure to the Team Leader.
This is a 12 months fixed term employment position.
As a consultant joining our team you will be expected to:
* Assist on small and large-scale integrated water use authorisation projects;
* Assisting with the technical support for Water Use Authorisation, Integrated Water and Waste Management Planning and Environmental auditing team;
* Attending meetings with the project manager, clients, authorities, and team members;
* Assist in writing proposals and technical reports;
* Undertake site visits and fieldwork (this may require working away from home from time to time);
* Deliver quality work, on time and within budget
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* A minimum of a postgraduate degree qualification in a recognised Science and or Engineering field. Research-based MSc will be an advantage.
* Good working knowledge of the MS Office suit of programs, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
* Physically fit to work on site
* Previous work experience in water/environmental field will be an advantage
* Ability to work well as part of a team, or independently;
* Interacts effectively and regularly with the direct line of report and project managers;
* Delivery driven and consults team leader and senior staff when required;
* Technically astute with a high attention to detail;
* Articulate with the ability to write well;
* Has a ‘safety first’ approach and demonstrates a positive health and safety awareness;
Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Golder Associates Africa’s policies.
Information Policy: Golder Associates Africa (Pty)Ltd. and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment. However, registering your CV and/or receipt and acknowledgement of any kind by Golder Associates Africa (Pty)Ltd. shall not be an indication that your application will be successful or lead to employment. Also note that preference will be given to internal applicants and applicants from the designated groups.