Posted on :
28 Sep, 2016
28 Sep, 2016
The Gauteng Department of Social Development offers exciting opportunities to suitable candidates for potential placement in their Internship programme for 2017. The intention is to give practical work experience to those students who are in their last year of study (BA Social Work) and require In-Service, training in order to obtain their qualification and those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment.
Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract for 2017. Students should be prepared to be placed throughout all regions and institutions within the Gauteng Department of Social development.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO YOUTH WITH A DISABILITY
Study fields, Requirements and Placement Areas
1. Social Work – Students registration for honours in Social Work (Tshwane, Ekurhuleni, West Rand Johannesburg and Sedibeng (Sebokeng))
2. Information Technology – National Diploma/B Degree in Informatiom Technology, Information Management, Business Analysis, Financial Management or B.Com: Informatics Degree in computer science (Tshwane, Ekurhuleni, West Rand Johannesburg and Sedibeng (Sebokeng))
3. Procurement and Finance – National Diploma/Degree in Cost and Accounting Management, Supply Chain, Financial Management, Accounting or Logistics (Tshwane, Ekurhuleni, West Rand, Johannebsur, Sedibeng (Sebokeng) and Head Office)
4. Monitoring and Evaluation – National Diploma/Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Auditing Degree, Public Management Degree or B Com (Head Office)
5. Human Resources/Administration – National Diploma/B Degree in Human Resources Management, Public Management, Fleet Management or Records Management (Tshwane Ekurhuleni West Rand Johannesburg Head Office Sedibeng (Sebokeng))
6. Auxiliary Nursing – Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing must be registered with The South African Nursing Council to practice in 2017. Statement of results to be attached to application (Tshwane, Ekurhuleni & Johannesburg)
7. Community Development – BA: Community Development or National Diploma/Degree: Community Development (West Rand)
8. Demography/Population Studies – National Diploma/B Degree in Demography/Population studies) (Head Office)
9. Internal Auditing – (National Diploma/Degree in Internal Auditing or Risk Management / Ethics Management/Forensic Investigation) (Head Office)
10. Communications – National Diploma/Degree: Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design or Photography (Head Office)
11. Institutional based care – FETC: Institutional – Based Care (Ga – Rankuwa)
How to apply
Applications should include an an official Internship application form, CV with certified copy of relevant Qualification and ID Documents Application forms are obtainable from Department of Social Developments’s regional offices and institutions.
All applications should be submitted to Social Development Provincial Office at: 75 Commissioner Street Johannesburg or posted to Private Bag X35, Johannesburg, 2000.
No incomplete, faxed or emailed applications shall be considered.
Enquiries: – Customer Relations Unit – 011 227 0072/011 355 7967/011 355 7663/011 227 0079