Posted on :
3 Oct, 2016
3 Oct, 2016
The Department of Human Settlements offers 2016/2017 Internship opportunities to unemployed South African graduates who wish to apply in the fields that are in line with the Departmental core business. Applicants must not have been previously employed or in any internship Programme or be studying towards a qualification. Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R60 000 per annum
Applicants must have completed tertiary qualification at National Diploma and Degree level in any of the below mentioned fields.
Must be between the ages of 18-35yrs of age and a South African citizen.
Shortlisted candidates will be subject to interviews to determine their suitability.
The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for duration of 24 months.
There are 43 Internship opportunities are available in following disciplines/fields of study:
• Civil Engineering (Ref No:0001)
• Building Engineering (Ref No:0002)
• Construction Science (Ref No:0003)
• Construction Management (Ref No:0004)
• Architectural Technology (Ref No:0005)
• Urban & Rural Studies (Ref No:0006)
• Financial Management at Head Office only (Ref No:0008)
• Quantity Surveying (Ref No:0007)
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on a Z83 form (download HERE), obtainable from any Public Service Department.
Please note that applicants are requested to submit/hand deliver their applications according to the geographical areas in which they live in Gauteng Province please refer to the table below for the relevant address where the applications can be submitted, failure to comply with submitting applications accordingly will result in an automatic disqualification.
1. Gauteng Department of Human Settlements, Head Office, No 37 Pixley Seme Street, Private Bag X79 Marshalltown, Johannesburg 2017 – Enquiries: Ms S. Nkadimeng 011-3554000/4153
2. Gauteng Department of Human Settlements, JHB/Metro Region, 35 Pritchard Street 1066 Building, cnr Pritchard & Harrison Street JHB 2001 – Enquiries:: Ms N. Nyembe 011-4290218
3. Gauteng Department of Human Settlements, Tshwane Regional office, No 5o Hamil- ton Street, Arcadia, Pretoria 0001 – Enquiries: Ms Z File 012-303 3300/02
4. Gauteng Department of Human Settlements, Ekurhuleni Region, No 68 Voortekker Road, 4th Floor Nevada Building, Alberton 1426 – Enquiries: Ms H Nkomo 011- 861300/3050
5. Gauteng Department of Human Settlements, Krugersdorp/Mogale City Region, No 56 Burger Street, Krugersdorp/Mogale City – Enquiries: Ms M Mnisi 011-6628310
6. Gauteng Department of Human Settlements Sedibeng Region, 28 Market Street, Vereeniging 1930 – Enquiries: Ms E Tseladikae 016-4401274
Applications are welcome from persons with disabilities. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.