Posted on :
19 Sep, 2016
19 Sep, 2016
Momentum is offering an exciting 12 month internship opportunity to an IT graduate who is enthusiastic and motivated. The purpose of the internship is to develop, maintain and support a portfolio of software applications and services to ensure improved business efficiencies and that are aligned to the enterprise architecture and business strategy. This opportunity is based at Parc du Cap, Bellville
• Providing support developer for the all the Human Resource applications.
• Appling advanced applications programming concepts to design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate highly complex programs for functional areas.
• Providing analysis for highly complex existing programs or works to formulate logic for new systems, devise logical procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding, data analysis, and test/debug programs, dealing directly with Business Analysts.
• Developing and executing test, conversion and system implementation plans.
• Initiating and recommending changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
• Understanding industrial practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
• Leading and collaborating with other IT teams to ensure application of quality of services such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, reusability, availability, security and performance.
• Providing second-level operational support, troubleshooting and security vulnerability testing and remediation.
• Interacting with senior-level personnel and senior business stakeholders, with the ability to effectively communicate and explain complex and technical subject matter.
• Working independently and within a team and make actionable recommendations to managers and senior-level stakeholders based on technical expertise.
• Participating in national and international forums on technology.
• Doing proof reading-of-concept development and build working prototypes.
• Keeping current with emerging technologies
• Updating the shift report with all major and outstanding issues
• Following procedures and requests accurately
• Completed degree in IT majoring in computer science
• Should not be studying fulltime for the duration of the programme
• Be available full-time from 1 January 2017 till 31 December 2017
• South African citizen between the ages of 18 and 30
• Must be able to commute to the workplace on their own
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• Currently unemployed
• A keen interest in learning
• Commitment to complete the Internship
• Determined to succeed
• Positive attitude
• Attention to detail
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to be creative, innovative and a problem solver with collaboration and inclusiveness