Graduate Opportunity for x2 Software Technicians have become available at Rustenburg Municipality.
The Rustenburg Local Municipality seeks to fill the following vacancies within the Rustenburg Rapid Transport Directorate: Applications and Software Technicians (Graduate Programme) (2 Posts)
Salary: Stipend for 3-year contract
- A Bachelor’s degree/diploma with a major in Business Information Systems/Computer Science
- Relevant qualification at NQF level 5/6
- 0-3 years’ experience in information systems programming and development.
Knowledge and skills:
- Technical solution knowledge
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Computer literacy
- Verbal and written communication
- Planning and organising
- Negotiation and influencing
- Knowledge/experience in designing databases, developing and maintaining applications.
- Assist with research to develop high-tech products and services for the Transport Sector
- Learn from resident engineers, research and keep abreast of new solution developments and best practices related to Information
- Technology in order to allow the required level of technical competence
- Understudy the Entire Value Stream for the Design, Engineering, and Execution of a Digital Media Centre
- Identify, develop, maintain and disseminate technical knowledge at the different levels required by the business to ensure that services are properly supported.
- Successful candidates will be subjected to security clearance and criminal record and qualification verification. The successful candidates will be required to enter into performance agreement.
It will be expected of the successful applicants to provide their own suitable vehicle for the execution of official duties, in accordance with the Transport Allowance Scheme
How to apply
Closing date: 9 October 2015