Posted on :
14 Sep, 2012
14 Sep, 2012
Job Title: Process Technician
Location: Durban , KZN , SA
Reports to: Day Supervisor_Omutde (PO2)
Job Type: Permanent
Education Required: Grade 12 (Matric) or Equivalent
Level of Experience: 3 – 6 years
Salary Structure: Total Cost to Company
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacancies for Process Technicians arising in Hydrocarbon Department, Omutde within the Refinery.
• Contributing to the Safety of Production by maintaining safe working area and protecting the environment.
• Establishing equipment start-up conditions by completing checks & tests, communicating information and correcting abnormal start up conditions.
• Starting up equipment according to procedure and achieving normal operating conditions within defined time-scale and prevailing conditions.
• Monitoring and maintaining process & equipment state through completing accurate checks & routines in work area in accordance with operating procedures.
• Contributing to maintenance by preparing equipment for maintenance as per procedures and work area for maintenance as specified by permits to work.
• Responding to Incidents, Hazardous Conditions or Emergencies by reporting and correcting.
• Collecting, interpreting and communicating non-routine information on plant conditions.
• Taking samples safely and efficiently for analysis to check quality of process.
• Analysing samples and communicate the results thereof.
• Providing on-the-job training and assess progress of trainees.
• Have obtained competencies contained in the relevant CBT/LDT modules for work areas within a section of a relevant Zone.
• Have a Process Technician qualification (minimum NQF Level 3).
• Have minimum 4 years (for half senior) and minimum 8 years (for senior) experience in operations.
• Be computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel, Outlook etc).
• Have shown excellent individual safety performance and contributions.
• Have ability to work in a team and communicates well with peers and supervisor.
• Possess good written communication skills.
• Have strong ethical standards and ability to work under pressure.
• Have shown role model behaviour.
• Clearance Issuer would be an advantage.