The Test Analyst will be responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of functional tests to ensure the overall quality of JSE Applications. The Test Analyst is accountable for all aspects of solution testing & quality for his/her assigned modules and, in addition, will be required to collaborate across multi-disciplinary teams including development, enterprise architecture and business analysis.
Responsibilities / Outputs
- Independently analyse functional documents (BRS/FRS) and translate them into test requirements.
- Identify and extract test requirements from business requirements and Technical and Functional Design documents.
- Participate in the delivery of projects in accordance with business requirements and agreed project timelines.
- Attend peer reviews of requirements and software to ensure in depth knowledge of the functionality of the software.
- Create and Update the test models for assigned components within the test management tool.
- Ensure all necessary services, documentation and deliverables required to implement a solution successfully are vetted for quality.
- Create and Update the test models for assigned components.
- Review and validate test plans, procedures, scripts, and scenarios to ensure they satisfy acceptance criteria.
- Deliver the work products according to the defined testing scope raising risks and issues appropriately.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the deployment, configuration & setup of applications and the test environment.
- Ensure close collaboration with the business owner, business analysts, change & configuration team, technical testing team and software developers in terms of system testing, functional integration testing, and UAT testing.
- Manage and coordinate test data creation, collection, and modification. Enforce data integrity and quality.
- Liaise with the client and other team members in order to resolve any discrepancies that may arise within the system.
- Liaise with other teams to assist in resolving identified issues/defects.
- Responsible for the induction, development of functional knowledge and testing skills of new testing team members.
- Provide input into summary reports of test preparation, execution and defect resolution.
- Continually develop functional knowledge of the system and develop functional testing skills.
- ISEB Qualification essential. (Advanced Level would be an added plus).
- Financial testing background with investment, fund management or treasury testing experience is a benefit.
- A minimum of 4 – 5 years solid testing experience in a complex and heterogeneous IT environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and insight across all aspects of IT with in-depth knowledge and experience in integrated software and hardware testing.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering quality software through robust testing processes.
- Demonstrate solid experience in training staff and /or colleagues.
- Solid experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Solid experience in interacting with internal customers with demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Solid experience in HP (Mercury) Quality Center, TFS.
- Experience with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project).
- Knowledge of SQL and XML and the ability to write statements in these languages.
- Understanding and insight across all aspects of IT with knowledge and experience in integrated software & hardware (where required –technical/Performance testing)
- Excellent people skills and assertiveness.
- Excellent ability to plan, prioritise, coordinate and manage multiple, and often conflicting, initiatives.
- Excellent ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must work well under pressure and changing priorities.
- Flexibility to work in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Have a good understanding of functional system designs and system components
- Possess a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Service delivery and outcomes driven.
- Possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Delivery oriented.
- Team player.
- Risk aware.
- Positive problem solving attitude.
Click here to apply online