Posted on :
16 Dec, 2015
16 Dec, 2015
Task Grade : TBA
Area of Speacialization : Take full responsibility to achieve the outcomes and competencies required by the formal training and development program in order to qualify within the stipulated timeframe.
Department : Specialised Engineering Services
Business Unit : Turbo Gen Services
Location : Various
Reference Number : ERI 0010326
• BSc. Eng / B.Eng / B.Tech Eng
(Mechanical, Electrical Heavy Current, Industrial)
• Completed EIT Training Programme for Graduates
• 2 years industry related engineering experience preferred
• The employee is a qualified graduate with extensive experience in sourcing information, networking and with industry related engineering experience.
Skills and Competencies
• Technical competency in the relevant engineering discipline (i.e. Mechanical, Industrial, and Heavy Current Electrical)
• Analytical, problem solving skills, investigative skills and technical negotiating skills.
• High level of computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Projects and relative Engineering Software
• Effective English communication skills, and able to communicate at all levels in the organisation
• Engineering and technical knowledge in mechanical engineering discipline
• Knowledge of quality management systems and relevant ISO standards
• Knowledge of the OHSA, Construction Regulations and Environmental Regulations
• The employee must have passion and self-drive to train and develop in order to achieve the training program outcomes.
• Through self-driven training, the employee takes ownership of the development. This includes sourcing subject matter expert that can provide guidance on the specific matters, sourcing necessary training courses via the training department, and finding procedures and drawings from the company Documents Control Centre. Evaluation and assessment sessions are arranged and coordinated by the employee with seniors.
• The employee will be required to travel extensively nationally and internally based on business requirements
• Based on the nature of the business the employee may be required to work away on projects as required by the outage schedule.
• The Home-base for the experience training period will be the Rotek Engineering Witbank Home base office or Rosherville (whichever is applicable for the specific engineering function). The employee is required to reside in this area within a period of 3 months from appointment
• During the experiential training period will be required to relocate to his allocated power station / site which all become the employee’s home base. Should this power station / site not be within the initial area, then the employee will be required to relocate to this area in accordance with the transfer of Employees. Policy IH-A-22/s within a period of 3 months of allocation to the power station / site.
• Training and Development Program
• Comply with Safety Health Environment and Quality Requirements
• Customer and Interdepartmental Relationships
• Performance and Development
• Continuous Improvement: Ensure that your Administration Document is current, and includes your SHEQ objectives Ensure that all legal appointment are valid and in place for your area of control.
• SHE Compliance: As a Section 8(2)i appointee, you are to ensure that the duties of the employer as contemplated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 are properly discharged and all legal appointments are valid and in place for your area of control.
• Reduce rework: Measure and report on Rework vs. Revenue for your department on a monthly basis and ensure you reduce rework to less than 0.5% of you turnover.
• Audit Rating: Maintain an audit score of less than 2 and/ or receive no major audit findings.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 18/12/2015
“If you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.”
“Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.”