Posted on :
17 Oct, 2016
17 Oct, 2016
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of study indicated below:
Contact Person: Ms BM Moshoeshoe: 033 395 2652 Mrs T Njakazi: 033 395 2978 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Office of the Premier P/B X9037, PIETERMARITBURG 3200
Department of Arts and Culture: • Jewellery design • Fine Art • Graphic Design • Languages • Performing and non Performing Arts • Anthropology • Restoration and Conservation • Archival Studies
Contact Person: Mrs Z Chonco 033 3413664 Mr N Buthelezi 033 341 3695 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Arts and Culture 171 Boshoff Street, PIETERMARITBURG 3201
Department of Angriculture and Rural Development: • BSc Agriculture Science (crop/ Animal/ Soil) • BSc Agricultural Engineering • BVSC • Bsc. Animal Health • Biochemistry • BA: Agricultural extensions & rural development
Contact Person: Mr CM Biyela: (033) 355 9604 Ms. N.T Khumalo (033) 355 9388 Post application to: The Director: Human Resource Capacity Development Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, P/B X9059 PIETERMARITBURG 3200
Department of Human Settlements: • BSc Housing and or Human Settlements • BSc Construction Science or Project Management
Contact Person: Mrs DP Mthembu (031) 336 5209 Ms H Hlengwa (031) 336 5137 Ms M Phama (031) 336 5195 Ms X. Bhengu (031) 336 5380 Post application to: The Bursary Unit Department of Human Settlements P/B X54367 DURBAN 4000
Department of Public Works: • Bachelor Degree in Architectural Studies • Masters Degree in Architectural Studies • BSc Quantity Surveying (Honours) • BSc Mechanical Engineering • BSc Electrical Engineering • BSc Civil Engineering • BSc Construction Management (Honours)
Contact Person: Ms JT Xaba : (033) 260 4174/ 4157/5180/4131) Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Public Works P/B X9041, PIETERMARITBURG 3200
Department of KwaZulu Natal Provincial Treasury: • Criminology/ Criminal Justice. • Forensic Investigation • Accounting/ Financial Accounting • Economics • Cost and Management Accounting
Contact Person: Mrs. T. Suleman Tel: 033 897 4372 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of KZN Provincial Treasury P.O. Box 3613, PIETERMARITBURG 3200
Department of Transport: • Bsc Civil Engineering • Btech Civil Engineering • Transportation Management • Transportation Economics
Contact person: Ms N Khanyile 033 355 8828 Ms S Sibisi 033 355 8794 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Transport Private Bag X9043, PIETERMARITZBURG 3200
Department of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs: • National Diploma in Information Technology / BSc Computer • National Diploma in Civil /Electrical Engineering / BSc Engineering Civil / Electrical • National Diploma in Surveying / BSc Land Surveying • National Diploma in Town and Regional Planning / Degree in Urban and Regional Planning • National Diploma in Photography / Videography • National Diploma in Graphic Design • Bachelor of Social Science :Geography and Environmental Studies (Geography, Remote Sensing and Cartography) • National Diploma / Degree in Financial Management / Accounting / Local Government Finance / Valuation • National Diploma / Degree in Project Management. Degree in Political Studies • Degree in Local Government Law / Legal Studies • Degree in Anthropology • Degree in Research studies
Contact person: Mrs J Mchunu : 033 395 2340, Mr S Zondi: 033 395 3099 Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, P/B X9078 PIETERMARITZBURG 3200
Who can apply
• Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate between the ages of 18-35 years, and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province
• Students in possession of a provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
• Students who are currently studying in the areas indicated in this advert.
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
• Applications close on 30 October 2016
• Bursary application form (this is obtainable and returnable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe war rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning, Website of Provincial Departments, Provincial Government Facebook).
• Certified Copies of Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID.
• Certified copy of Matric certificate or current statement of results if already studying.
• Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement)
• Proof of registration/ acceptance letter from institution of higher learning.
• Proof of unemployment from Department of Labour for both parents if they are unemployed.
• It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
a) It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study only at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals or stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
b) Obligation: A bursary may be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
c) Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
d) Preference will be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
e) Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.