- A Bachelor of Pharmacy (or equivalent) degree
- Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Pharmacist Intern.
How To Apply
See More information about the Pharmacy Graduate / Internship Programme
- All applications should be sent to Pharmaceutical Service at the KwaZulu – Natal Department of Health Head Office rather than to individual institutions.
- A Z83 form (Application for employment) should be used. This form is available from any provincial health facility or may be downloaded from the Department’s Internet site http://www.kznhealth.gov.za . NB: Please make sure that your name is on this form.
- A Curriculum Vita (unbound) should also be attached. Please include the home address, and where possible an email address, in addition to any other contact address given in section C of the Z83 Application form.
- Copies of the applicant’s academic record must be submitted with applications, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Copies of the applicant’s ID or Passport must be submitted with applications.
- The applicant’s choice of hospitals (a maximum of 5) must be given with the application. No guarantee can be given though, that this choice will be acceded to and an alternate placement may be offered to the applicant.
- Where an applicant is seeking only 400 hours of internship i.e. to supplement an Academic or industrial internship this must be clearly stated in the application.
- Where the applicant has a bursary from the KZN Department of Health, this must be clearly stated in the application. The District that provided the bursary must be stated.
- Please use only one staple to clip all the documents together. CVs should not be bound.
- Applications must be marked “Pharmacist Intern Application 2016” and sent to:
KZN Department of Health
Private Bag X9051
Capital Towers (14th floor)
121 Chief Albert Luthuli Street
Closing Date: 30 September 2015