Ampath provides a variety of management and support services to the clinical laboratories. The laboratories of the various Incorporated Practices offer over 2700 different diagnostic analyses.
They operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and serve approximately 40% of the private healthcare market in South Africa. Our extensive national network of more than 300 facilities includes reference laboratories, regional laboratories, satellite (STAT) laboratories and service depots.
We perform over 75 000 clinical analyses daily including referrals from elsewhere in Africa and abroad.
We serve a diverse group of over 16 000 clients, medical practitioners, as well as insurance, governmental, managed health care, industrial organisations and other pathology practices belonging to the National Pathology Group.
Purpose of Position:
- The receiving and preparation of specimens in the laboratory. Filing of blocks and slides. To clean and maintain instruments in the laboratory.
- Standard 8/Grade 10
- For Lab Assistant: 12 months experiential learning as a Learner Lab Assistant within a registered Training Laboratory Histology.
- Communication skills: Read, write and speak fluently in English and/or Afrikaans.
- Numerical reasoning skills: Perform basic numerical calculations (e.g. additions, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages).
- Standard 10 / Grade 12
- Previous experience in a Pathology environment
- Knowledge of the Meditech system
- Computer skills
- Receive specimens in order to ensure effective and efficient specimen flow in the laboratory.
- Prepare Histology / Cytology specimen in order to ensure efficient processing of specimens in the laboratory.
- Perform administration tasks in order to ensure effective administration systems in the laboratory.
- Perform general laboratory tasks in order to ensure the effective functioning of the laboratory.
- Clean and maintain laboratory in order to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain good client relations to promote the image of Ampath.
- Customer Focus: The ability to handle clients in an effective and professional manner.
- Action Orientation: The ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Problem solving: The ability to quickly grasp the core of a problem, attend to relevant detail when analysing a problem and determine the possible cause of a problem.
- Quality Orientation: The ability to ensure that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Interpersonal sensitivity: The ability to display awareness and consideration for other people’s feelings, needs, viewpoints and opinions
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt work methods, ideas and habits to the changing environment.
- Team work: The ability to act as part of a team and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Attention to detail: The ability to identify errors and correct mistakes.
- Task structuring: The ability to plan, prioritise and structure own work in order to achieve own objectives.
- Technical knowledge: The ability to plan, prioritise and structure own work in order to achieve own objectives.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY