Liberty Actuarial Bursary 2013/2014
Liberty Actuarial Bursary
Applications for the 2013 Actuarial Bursary Programme are open. Bursaries are granted for full-time study of actuarial science at various tertiary institutions. Applicants must show the ability to innovate and share our passion for people; thus maintaining our competitive advantage.
Successful applicants are expected to do a minimum amount of vacation work during the June and December holidays at the Liberty Head Office in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
Bursaries are reviewed after each examination based on the student’s academic performance and are renewed annually. All bursaries are granted on merit, but preference is given to black (African, Coloured and Indian) applicants.
- - Excellent overall results including a distinction for higher grade Mathematics
- - A minimum of four distinctions, with distinction in higher grade Mathematics and Physical Science
- - At tertiary level, students must maintain continuous excellence in academic performance in all subjects
- - Good leadership qualities and participation in extramural activities such as sports, debating societies, chess clubs and various Olympiads, etc are an added advantage
- - Tuition fees are paid for each academic year of study and reviewed annually based on academic performance
- - Residence fees/subsistence allowance is paid for shared accommodation at a university residence
- - A monthly subsistence allowance is paid if the student chooses not to live at the university residence
- - A book allowance is paid annually for the purchase of textbooks
- - First year students qualify for a calculator allowance
- - Applications are open to all students regardless of the year of study. Once approved, the bursar will enter into an agreement with Liberty Life that will be renewed annually.
- - All bursars are obliged to complete a period of employment for every year of sponsorship. The standard employment contract will be entered into once studies are completed.
How to apply
Click here to apply online
Applications accepted until: 31 August 2013
Please contact [email protected] for more information