Posted on :
13 Apr, 2011
13 Apr, 2011
We are one of South Africa’s leading full-service digital agencies, delivering best-in-class strategy, creative, and technology. We work with some of the country’s leading brands including Unilever, Distell, Pioneer Foods, Sanlam, Avusa, Auction Alliance and PEP. We are experts in the full range of digital disciplines including web, mobile, social, CRM and SEO/SEM. The agency is young dynamic and growing rapidly and we are constantly looking for great digital professional who really want to make a major impact on the digital landscape.
A Linux web systems administrator with PHP coding and databaseadministration experience is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Daily server monitoring and maintenance.
– Daily PHP maintenance coding.
– Database design, maintenance and custom queries.
– Perform back up, file replications and script management for the servers.
– Test and apply new software and maintenance patches, including patch management services.
– Complete security audits on a routine basis.
– Administration scripting with Perl, Bash, etc.
– Plan and expand current service offerings.
– On-boarding and migrating customers.
– Preform other job-related duties as required.
– Server documentation
– Code deployment to live servers
– Produce quality code that is well documented, and in accordance with system and technical specifications
– Develop according to clients specifications
– Design and Development of Web Applications
– Development of modifications and add-on modules to existing Web applications
– Maintenance and support of Web Applications
The ideal Applicant
In addition to possessing the required skills and experience, you must be able to function under consistent high pressure and be deadline driven.
– Love open source technologies
– Equally enjoy doing PHP coding and Linux system administration
– Enjoy experimenting with new technologies
Always be pro-active with improving server performance, reliability, security and redundancy. You are most likely a geek at heart and possibly even a bit introverted. Ethical considerations and confidentiality are concepts which come naturally to you.
You would like to make a meaningful contribution in a non-corporate environment and can work efficiently on your own as well as in a team
Four+ years Linux and Windows administration experience
– Four+ years PHP coding experience
– Ubuntu, Debian and Windows 2003 preferred
– Apache, IIS, MySQL, Exim, IPTables, Subversion
– Solid experience with multi-server environment/ deployments
– Ability to gather requirements, design and implement appropriate solutions.
– Strong process oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion.
– Joomla knowledge a plus
– MVC knowledge a plus
A passion for the online industry – a true web enthusiast!
– Energetic and positive attitude
– A proven fast learner, able to learn new systems quickly
– Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
– Team player and not afraid of a bit of hard-work
– Multitasking skills/ability to comfortably juggle multiple requirements
– Able to hit the ground running!
+27 21 461 6970