A position of a Logistics Controller has become available at our East London branch. In order to be considered for this position, applicants must comply with the following:
- Matric certificate
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Windows)
- Experience in a logistics field advatageous
- Strong ability to organise and manage own time and processes
- A high degree of self-discipline and drive to succeed
- Driver’s license code 08 and own transport
- An ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Will be required to work overtime if operations dictate
- Proactive with an ability to see the unexpected.
- Willing to work unusual hours
Duties & Responsibilities
This person will be responsible for amongst other duties:
- Driver evaluation and debriefing
- Fleet control and delivery planning
- Receive customers, Drivers and Management in a friendly manner
- Promote a good company image at all times, with respect to the customers and the public.
- Planning of daily routes and ensuring that no vehicles deviate from designated routes.
- Ensuring a 96% service efficiency rate and reporting on exceptions
- Complies with requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complies with all Rules and Regulations of the National Road Traffic Act
- Ensure that all returned stock is documented daily
- POD’s, picking slips and other admin functions
- Maintenance of C-Track system and management thereof
- Monthly fuel reports (E-fuel)
- House-keeping (trucks and distribution yard)
- Late / non delivery reports
- Liaising with internal sales re-delivery delays, etc.
- Weekly truck inspections
- Accident reports
- Various other transport and delivery related functions
How to Apply
Click here to apply online