Louis Dreyfus Commodities Group Says:
Our South Africa Graduate Program is recruiting in two different career areas:
- Support functions (finance)
Over 4 years, graduates will be exposed to the fundamental components of the global commodities industry and will gain substantial experience in the varied world of commodity trading and their specific career area. The Program is designed to provide a strong basis for a role within the business as well as identify and develop people who have the desire to become active players in the company, across all functions. The Program combines classroom style instruction and on the job learning in Johannesburg and will commence in January 2014.
The Program will be organized over 4 years:
- First 12 Months: Total immersion considered as a learning year with multiple rotations to provide a broad understanding of the company and its various functions, helping graduates to speed-up their knowledge and integrate.
- Following the completion of the first 12 months of the training program, successful trainees will be offered a position within a specific function with a dedicated program to ensure continuous growth and development of responsibilities.
Future roles to be filled within the Louis Dreyfus Commodities Group:
- Marketer roles
- Finance roles
- This program is open to final year undergraduates and graduates with less than one year of work experience
- An internship within a similar field would be a strong advantage
- Candidates must be a South African Citizen or legally authorized to work in South Africa
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of initiative
- International mind-set, willing to travel and to relocate
- Computer literate
- Hands-on, business orientated with an operational approach
- Ability to negotiate and to take decisions
- Maturity, professionalism, humility, entrepreneurship
- Ability to analyze supply, demand and trade flow fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English. Any other languages (especially Portuguese) would be an advantage
- University degree in a relevant subject (business, chemistry, agricultural science, finance, economics) with high grades
How To Apply
Applications should consist of your curriculum vitae, cover letter and copy of your ID and should be sent by September 20 2013.
We will contact all shortlisted applicants by October 15 2013.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing Date: 20 September 2013