Posted on :
28 Jan, 2014
28 Jan, 2014
Job ID: 11641-en_US
3M is seeking a Maintenance Technician for the Manufacturing Group located in Pomona
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M – a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The position of Maintenance Technician is located in Pomona and will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
– Ensure maximum availability of the equipment and machinery.
– Ensure that the health and safety of employees, plant equipment and buildings are maintained in accordance to health and safety standards
– Ensure that proper timekeeping is adhered to
– Comply with 3M policies and procedures
– To carry out daily inspections of equipment in the respective sections and inform the supervisor or relevant personnel immediately of any discrepancies
– To be available after hours and to perform standby duties as and when required
– Continuous improvement and optimisation of maintenance methods
– The above should be realised via processes including RCA, 5 whys and other root cause analysis techniques
– Ensure that repairs are carried out in the most cost effective way possible and with the appropriate engineering standards
– To attend training as and when prescribed
– To work overtime as and when required with the approval of the maintenance and engineering manager.
– Ensure that spares are available and that spares are regularly audited for availability
– Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained and adhered to
– Ensure that machine OEE is >65%
– Ensure that artisan utilisation is above 90%
– Ensure that schedule attainment is greater than 90%
– Ensure that tools supplied by 3M are handled with care
Skills and knowledge required
– 5 years plant and maintenance experience
– Computer literacy – Microsoft office, PLC programs
– Knowledge of Drives, PLC’s
– Knowledge of maintenance management programs
Necessary qualifications and experience required
– Matriculation with at least a C aggregate in mathematics and science
– N3 with a Recognised trade test (Instrumentation/Electrical)
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an Equal opportunity employer and as part of our our recruitment strategy we aim to promote and develop from Internal. Let us work together to develop your career within 3M.