Uber is looking for a manager to drive and grow operational excellence throughout our SSA business. It’s no small task as this is one of the key pillars in ensuring that both our riders and our partner-drivers have an awesome experience on the platform.
Do you have strong process and analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe lean six sigma process excellence and hate defects? Then let’s talk.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
The Process Improvement Manager is charged with leading the efforts to build a culture of lean, defect reduction, and tenacious process and policy harmonisation and improvement. He/she will drive change initiatives with city teams, central teams, product development teams and other teams across the business. You are an analytical, methodical but creative thinker and have to love large multi-partner initiatives that require you to innovate, lead, influence, and think both strategically and tactically.
You must thrive in the type of environment that is fast paced, constantly changing and growing. Many of the problems and challenges we face have no textbook solution, so the ability to invent is critical.
A day in the life may include:
- Drive network wide Kaizen and DMAIC projects to deliver tangible measurements of continuous improvement in the areas of waste reduction, customer effort, and process improvement, either lead by you or as part of a global team.
- Policy and Process Auditing. Audit our internal policy and process standards, leading to standardisation that raises the experience for our community, increases the efficiency to deliver and lowers the cost.
- Work closely with city / country ops teams to understand business requirements.
- Working with our data analysis and data mining experts to identify root cause issues, develop action plans, measure impact of actions taken, and adjust as necessary to ultimately solving the problem (no matter how large or small the scale).
- Develop, train, and mentor our teams on improving processes and being lean.
- Build a culture of operational excellence throughout our organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience using analysis to drive improvements through the application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to lead people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels.
- Great interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with experience communicating and presenting to groups.
- Some travel required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Certification.
- Mastery of SQL, SharePoint, Excel, Power Point, Word and a statistical package.
- Self starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.