Posted on :
19 Sep, 2013
19 Sep, 2013
Employee category – Regular
AutoReqId – 58013BR
Business Function – Manufacturing
Group – Electrical/EMEA
Division – Electrical Sector
Level – 7-10 years
Travel Required – Up to 10 percent
1. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
This position is responsible for overall leadership and management of the manufacturing plant. Overall responsibility for leading plant teams in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates team to create a high performance culture.
2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: key responsibilities which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above
A. Responsible for the overall performance and safety of the Eaton Electric SA production facility.
B. Involved in strategic business plans pertaining to the long-term future of the plant.
C. Manages and directs all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
D. Assesses performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions, to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met.
E. Provides for prudent investment into training and development, capital equipment and technology development to assure organizational, manufacturing, product and market leadership.
F. Assures policies, procedures, are established to provide for consistent and professional operation of the manufacturing facility.
G. Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance.
H. Supports product design organization during new product introduction phase to ensure customer product development and manufacturing and delivery times are feasible.
I. Assures that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship.
J. Develops and maintains innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations.
K. Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and financial requirements
L. Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices in line with Eaton Corporate.
M. Have the ability to drive organizational and cultural change.
N. Have significant experience in working in a unionized environment and understanding of BBBEE requirements.
3. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements) DIMENSIONS:
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
• Manage the manufacturing of R350M in production
• Manage a team of 225 factory workers and supervisors
• Annual Inventory Value of Material Managed:
• Annual Shipment Revenue of Material Managed:
• Annual Purchase Part Value of Material Managed:
• Manufactured Part Count:
• Purchased Part Count:
• Complexity of Products Managed (Low, Medium, High):
• Productivity costs
4. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
• Min 7 years of manufacturing managerial experience.
• Graduate degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
• Through knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
• Detailed Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
• Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes.
• Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in a union environment.
Relocation benefit provided? Yes-From within hiring country/region only
Region Europe, Middle East, Africa
Country South Africa
How to Apply