This role is the foundation of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia Inc’s brands global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s unique breath of global traveller demand.
The Intern Market Associate’s primary responsibility is to ensure that Expedia’s hotel product in their assigned market is competitive, attractive and relevant for Expedia Inc’s fast-growing global customer base. In doing so, Market Associates will also continuously work with their hotel partners to help them maximize the marketing and distribution potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace.
Consistently leveraging data specific to their market available in Expedient, Expedia’s proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard, Market Associates will work closely with hotel partners to:
- Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional inventory over high demand and compression periods to satisfy customers’ pressing needs
- Secure value-adds and promotional offers to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- Educate hotel partners on the self service features available on Expedia Partner Central
- Support Expedia’s business development efforts through smooth onboarding of new hotel partners
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Either studying for, or have achieved a Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required
- 0-2 years of experience – or still completing academic studies
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- Organization and time management skills, attention to details
- Persistence when facing challenging situations
- Appetite for innovative technology in a fast-changing business environment
- Sincere relationship builder; builds solid partnerships based on mutual support
- Multi-task effectively; able to change gears and focus quickly
- Strives to generates new ideas; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player
- Ability to work based on a variety of KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
- Performance to be evaluated and measured based on KPI metrics set by LPS leadership team
- Relationship Management: Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with partners and colleagues.
- Solution Alignment: Demonstrates sufficient understanding of products, services and the market for the purpose of facilitating favourable arrangements for customers, hotel partners and Expedia.
- Written & Spoken Communications, Listening, and Influencing:Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
- Build & Maintain Teams: Supports Market Management teams in learning and improving effectiveness to actively contribute to improvements in overall individual, team and organizational performance.
- Drive for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration: Six month placements
Start date: We have 2 intake opportunities: January/February 2016 and June/July 2016
Languages: Portugese and Afrikaans are a bonus
To apply: Please include a cover letter providing details of your interest in the role and to confirm your start dates