believes that amazing things can be accomplished by diverse teams of talented individuals. Share your talents with us by joining the world’s
largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely.
With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector, and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
Technical pre-sales supporting Strategic Account Sales and Field Sales teams in new business sales (products, services and support).
Primary product focus: McAfee’s Network IPS (IntruShield), Security Risk Management (Foundstone), Risk and Compliance reporting (Preventsys), Patch Management (Hercules) and Data Loss Prevention (Onigma) technologies.
- Drive technical relationships with key customer accounts, acting as the Technical Account Manager whilst focusing on business development opportunities.
- Act as a Technology Evangelist/Trusted Security Advisor.
- The role primarily consists of providing technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations and installations, identification of the appropriate McAfee solutions for customers, and production of RFI responses and technical proposals across the complete line of McAfee products.
- Required to scope and potentially deliver technical services (consultancy and education) for customers and partners. This could encompass Requirements Analysis, Planning, System Architecture/Design, Installation, Configuration, Development/Integration, Testing, Deployment, Troubleshooting, Tuning, Ongoing Support/Refinement, Knowledge Transfer, Documentation etc.
- Develop full knowledge of McAfee products to ensure optimal technical support in pre-sales situations.
- Maintain technical/industry expertise in IPS and Risk Management technologies and solutions.
- Engage customer audience when presenting McAfee products & services.
- Demonstration of our solutions through on-site customer presentations and evaluations.
- Produce technical documents and proposals.
- Installation & configuration assistance, where customer warrants need for ‘Proof-of-Concept’ Evaluation.
- Build a close working relationship with sales and technical colleagues within McAfee and our key partners.
- Develop strong relationships in key customer accounts.
- Maintain/Achieve relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CCNA etc
- Update and deliver technical training to sales colleagues.
- Development of professional and personal skills, as relates to major function, related technologies, product and career advancement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Experience of Platforms and an understanding of Networking is essential.
- Strong personal presence, capable of engaging senior management.
- Good blend of business/commercial, sales and technical skills.
- Understands the market issues and trends affecting the IT Security business and McAfee’s differentiators versus the competition.
- Self-starter who is pro-active, energetic, flexible, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Results-driven with strong goal-orientation.
- Comfortable/Competent with both sales and delivery activities.
- Demonstrable technical experience in the following areas.
- Experience of Security Risk Management, Vulnerability Assessment and Intrusion Prevention.
- Preference given to individuals with strong networking background and expertise in IT Security Solutions.
- Ideally from a Network Security Team within a Consultancy Company/SI or a Security Vendor.
- Ideally some experience of Patch Management.
- Willing to work and travel flexible hours to suit customer requirements.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Flexible with regards to travel. Trips to the US will sometimes be required, largely for attendance on training or development activities.
- Fluent in English and ideally Afrikaans
Click here to Apply online
You can equally send an email to [email protected]