Primary Job Purpose
The Learner Official Mining will be developed in the role as part of a formal programme to ultimately progress to be appointed as shift Supervisor.
Scope Of Development
- Assessed to determine competence at the School of Mines
- Workplace training and evaluation under supervision of qualified Miners, Shift Supervisors and Mine Overseers
- Perform all tasks safely and according to required standards / specifications
- Ensure that the programme objectives and tasks are understood
- Completion of all phases of the development programme within specified time frame
- Adhere to all Mine Standards and procedures
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner
- Ensure effective team relationships
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and English and Science, higher grade C symbol
- Medically fit to work underground
- Numerical Skills
- Equivalent NQ4 qualification
- Practically Orientated
(Please supply copies of relevant certified certificates)
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Must be prepared to work underground
- Obtain a certificate of fitness
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Mining experience will be advantageous
Note: All candidates will be subjected to applicable screening and assessments.
Note: Proof of original qualifications must be supplied on day of interview.
How To Apply
- Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
- In order for your application to be considered, attach copies of Identity document, qualifications, and or license/s required for the role.
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Drop off your application at your nearest Walk In Centre linking it to the advertised job by using the Reference number.
- CV’s can be given to HRD Officers on the Shafts.
Closing Date: 13 March 2014