Mr. Price Internship Programme
Are you interested in psychometric assessments and converting the results into people development and HR improvement? The position of Psychometrist Intern or Industrial Psychology Intern has arisen in Durban, based at our Head Office and reports directly to the Industrial/Organisational Psychologist. It is a 12 month internship initiating 1st October 2013 and concluding 30th September 2014.
Minimum Job Requirements.
Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a Psychometrist Intern or Industrial Psychology Intern.
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication to enable clearly consolidated reports and feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Prioritisation and time management in order to meet the business needs and support talent management decisions timeously and with impact.
- Excellent planning and organisational ability in order to manage multiple research and development projects simultaneously.
- Sound quality assurance and immaculate work ethic ensuring that analysis and assessment outcomes are accurate and professionally approached.
- Good coordination and monitoring skills to ensure that projects/interventions are facilitated and completed timeously.
- Outstanding documentation control and computer literacy ensuring that data is protected and managed effectively.
- Analytical and enquiring.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Confidentiality and Integrity.
- Able to work independently.
To provide a professional psychometrist service that supports the Organisational Psychologist and Psychometrists, primarily focused on administration; scoring; analysis; report writing and feedback of assessments. Consulting with key stakeholders on assessment outcomes ensuring that recruitment and developmental decisions are made, is also an integral part of the position.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Researches and keeps abreast of developments in the psychometric and assessment field, thereby maintaining a prudent assessment policy.
- Manages the administration of psychometric tests and assessments in line with business needs thereby supporting scientific talent decisions such as potential identification; readiness for a role and development for a future role.
- Scores; analyses and interprets results into a well – integrated; objective psychological report, followed by detailed feedback and coaching where needed to candidates, with key stakeholders present.
- Conducts and participates in competency based interviewing as part of recruitment and development assessment initiatives.
- Engages and partners with the business on relevant HR projects from an assessment perspective.
- Acts as the primary custodian of assessment documentation electronically, ensuring that the integrity and confidentiality is maintained.
- Coordinates and supports assessment and psychologically related events that add value to the business.
If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and committed to Employment Equity.
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply online
Closing Date: 30 July 2013