Posted on :
3 Nov, 2010
MTN Group Limited (MTN Group) is a leading provider of communication services, offering cellular network access and business solutions. The MTN Group is listed in South Africa on the JSE under the Industrial – Telecommunications sector. MTN South Africa recruits Graduate Trainee (Customer Operations)
The graduate will gain working experience to ensure the effective management of the Operational Model and Procedural Compliance Unit, by monitoring the quality of compliance with policies and procedures at a micro level in line with the Total Quality Management strategy.
• Research and Feasibility
• Conduct research, review and understand MTNSA business and systems, architecture, policies, processes and procedures.
• Review and understand system functionality applicable to the tasks and reviews assigned to.
• Identify business improvement and optimisation opportunities that will result in improvement of process performance and ultimately to MTN SA bottom line profitability
• Business Requirements Analysis
• Obtain, design and document business solutions (process, system and measurements) that meet current and future user requirements.
• Determine document and review internal customer requirements for continuous improvement.
• Review Customer Relationship processes in order to meet the required service levels.
• Define and document process requirements in line with MTN SA standards.
• Draft policies, processes and procedures according to MTN SA standards.
• Quality Management and Improvement
• Maintain high document control and review standards.
• Conduct adhoc and planned reviews of processes, procedures and related control breakdowns for analysis and feedback to line manager.
• Reporting and Feedback
• Provide status and feedback on process reviews and analysis to line manager and/or senior manager.
• Escalate issues identified to line manager.
• Proper documentation management and version tracking of documentation.
• Liaise with internal customers obtaining input or providing feedback on a continuous basis.
• Review and Support
• Review risks identified for feedback to line manager.
• Provide information for and input to drafting of Policies, Procedures and Processes..
• Customer Satisfaction/Customer Service
• Understand customer needs and input into the improvement of processes.
• Contribute towards initiating change to continually improve all aspects of service delivery.
• Assist in identifying trends and patterns pertaining to customer requests and needs to continually improve all aspects of service delivery.
• Ensure all customer queries are attended to and resolved within agreed SLA’s.
• Consider the implications of actions to be taken for the customer and the effect of actions on the customer.
• Provide advice on the best approach to reach the best results.
• Promote and deliver customer service of the highest degree.
• B.Comm or equivalent business degree/diploma
• Systems knowledge specifically financial systems
• Business acumen
• Business knowledge
• Understanding of MTN processes, products and services
• Basic accounting
• Basic research
• Business process optimisation
Skills / physical competencies:
• Strong documentation skills
• Time management, with the ability to prioritise
• Communication skills
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work in high pace rapidly changing environment.
• Telephone etiquette
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning skills
• Robust in thinking
• High tolerance towards uncertainty and ambiguity
• Cultural sensitivity
• Must be able to work in a team and be a team player.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
• High level of computer literacy
• Conflict resolution, leadership and motivational skills
Reference No: PUMJWA001
Position Type: Graduate
Affirmative Action: Open to All
Additional: Behavioural qualities:
• Perseverance and patience
• Flexible in approaches
• Dedication to get the job done
• Improvise in unknown situations
• High level of integrity
• High tolerance to diverse cultures and changing situations
• Output and achieving successes orientated
General working conditions
• Constant pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Flexible working hours
Applications close 23 Nov 2010.