Posted on :
1 Mar, 2011
1 Mar, 2011
MTN Group operates three business divisions: MTN-SA (South Africa), MTN International, and Strategic Investments. We are listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the Telecommunications Service Sector (which falls under the Industrial Non-Cyclical Services). MTN South Africa recruits Customer Representative
To deliver outstanding customer service directly to new, existing and returning customers to meet sales and profitability targets, remaining geographically close to the customer as per Tailored Service Package requirements.
Sales and service operations
• Execute exceptional sales, service and customer plans at and operational level in order to achieve and exceed set targets that have been
identified for the assigned region.
• Implement channel and regional promotional plans, aligning these to marketing requirements and plans.
• Maintain frequent (daily) contact with clients and trade partners, providing information, problem-solving, receiving orders and dealing with
complaints quickly and efficiently.
• Handle customer applications for products and services and maintain accurate databases of relevant information and transactions for record
and reporting purposes in post paid environments.
• Perform all customer verifications as appropriate for sales of products and services
• Where appropriate, escalate customer complaints, queries and problems timeously to the right area of the business for resolution / assistance.
• Work proactively to foresee possible delays or complications and plan strategies to avoid or minimise them, advising the client and / or region
• Use sales toolkits effectively and report on their use.
• Prepare weekly and month end reports on key performance areas.
• Update Customer plans for the assigned regions as required.
Operational coordination and effectiveness
• Put effective methods and standards in place, implementing systems, procedures and working practices that will improve customer service
• Ensure that all processes and procedures implemented are aligned to the set operational framework for the assigned region / channel and that
they allow for workflow to continue without interruption.
• Continually strive to improve existing processes and procedures to enhance effectiveness, efficiency and performance.
• Increase MTN’s Brand presence continuously by growing MTN influence at store and customer level within the regions.
• Provide regular feedback on competitive threats to MTN business.
• Support and coordinate work to be performed by service providers and external contractors.
• Research and gather information and information relating to customers, consumers, competitors, providing insight (at store level) into fast
moving products and trends.
• Work consistently according to standard operating procedures
• Ensure that regional spending remains within budget parameters.
• Effective budget control.
• Report on achievement of monthly cost control targets.
Customer Service and Satisfaction
• Build and maintain solid relationships with all stakeholders.
• Provide consistent and excellent customer service, striving to solve problems and encourage future business.
• Ensure all customer queries are attended to and resolved within agreed SLA’s.
• Ensure that customer specifications are met and that customer is satisfied with the end service and/or product.
• Weigh up the pro’s and con’s of each solution to provide the best possible advise and service to customers, considering the implications of
actions to be taken for the customer.
• Provide input into the best buys and/or most suitable equipment to meet customer requirements.
• Deliver first time right service excellence.
• Seek feedback from clients/ stakeholders and continuously seeks ways of improving on quality and customer service standards
• Tertiary education (sales and marketing / business related)
• At least 2-3 years of experience in the telecoms industry
• At least 1-2 years of sales / customer service experience in similar positions, in fast-moving industries
• An understand of the principles of effective customer services processes
• A broad understanding of the MTN business
• Knowledge of basic business processes
• Good understanding of marketing and sales processes
• An understanding of Finance terminology and processes (e.g. budget, expenditure, investment, loan, cash-flow, working capital, forecasting,
variance analysis, cost)
• In-depth knowledge of the following MTN products and services
• Computer literacy
• Working knowledge of MTN polices and procedures
Skills / physical competencies:
• Risk management skills
• Selling skills
• Stock management skills
• Investigative and problem solving skills.
• Ability to recognise and fulfil the clients’ needs
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
• Administrative skills
• Anticipate and react effectively to problems
• Planning skills – plan, prioritise, resource allocation and deliver on time
• Technical / professional excellence
• Analytical skills – weighing up the pro’s and con’s; making sense of information
• Influencing skills
• Negotiation skills
• Stress management skills
• Time management skills (specifically the ability to prioritise)
• Ability to work within a team to enhance its overall performance
• Presentation skills
• Information collection and analysis skills – able to draw insights from data
• Ability to plan logically and work to deadlines
• Team orientation – strengthening teams
• Relationship builder – strong people-focus
• Resilience – maintaining composure and dealing effectively with stress
• Service orientation
• Customer centricity
• Flexible and adaptable – changing opinions / behaviour in the light of changing situations
• Strong detail focus – attention to detail and accuracy
• Creative and innovative
• Diplomacy and tact
• Operate with integrity (high ethics)
• Good listener
• Methodical and systematic
Reference No: IRC30897
Position Type: Permanent
Affirmative Action: Open to All
Additional: General working conditions
• Drivers licence and own transport
• Flexible working hours based on deadlines
• Flexibility to travel (local and national)
• Attending functions after hours
• National travel
Sales against target
• Performance within budget
• Adherence to TSP’s
• Adherence to call cycles
• Customer Satisfaction index
• Outlet audit index
• Effective use of sales tool kit
• Quality of sales intelligence
• Quality of reports
• Customer satisfaction index (CSI, CMAT targets)
Preference to EE Candidates
Applications close 01 Mar 2011.