National Cleaner Production Centre Vacancies
The National Cleaner Production Centre South Africa (NCPC-SA) is an agency of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) hosted by the CSIR. The NCPC-SA exists to strengthen market access by southern African industry and business sectors. It achieves this through fostering networks to transfer Resources Efficiency and Cleaner Production (RECP) technologies and services that can contribute to the sustainability of products value chains. The NCPC-SA delivers measurable economic, environmental and social impacts that support the national priorities of growth, equity and employment.
NCPC-SA has a vacancy for a Senior Project Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for providing daily leadership, management and coaching of the Resource Efficiency and Cleaner Production (RECP) economic sector project managers and administration of technical activities of water, energy and material efficiency and competitiveness within the defined mandate of the NCPC-SA to benefit South African Industry and economy.
The successful candidate will be based Durban and will report to the National Project Manager NCPC-SA.
- Develop RECP project proposals and work plans.
- Prepare and manage the project’s budget.
- Manage and implement the RECP project.
- Manage the project’s contract.
- Manage project managers.
- Build RECP capacity in South Africa
- Manage stakeholders.
- Ensure achievement of NCPC-SA project objectives and goals.
- Submit project progress reports.
- Manage NCPC-SA technical services providers.
- Give inputs towards NCPC-SA business strategies.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least a tertiary/higher education post-graduate qualification in a relevant science, engineering or related project business management.
- A minimum of five to ten years’ experience in resources efficiency and cleaner production/environmental work/energy management.
- Three years’ leadership and management experience.
- Proven knowledge in the field of energy efficiency/management and RECP.
- Financial management skills.
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder liaison skills.
- Understanding of national and international trends in RECP (i.e. energy, water and material science).
- Ability to interact and network with technical service providers.
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Must be an excellent team player.
- Good scientific report writing skills.
How to Apply for National Cleaner Production Centre: Senior Project Manager Vacancy
Click on the “Apply Now” button or on this link to apply online
Closing date: 31 May 2013