The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is looking for young unemployed graduates to work as fieldworkers and data capturers.
Applicants should be:
- Between 18-35 years of age
- Reside within the Municipality;
- Able to converse in the local languages spoken in the Municipality (i.e English; Xhosa; Afrikaans) and preferably the Ward that they reside in
- Be in possession of a B-degree/ National Diploma.
- Preference will be given to applicants with studies and experience in research, fieldwork and data capturing.
- Undertake fieldwork which will involve interviewing residents personally at their household.
- Chart plans to visit residents of a specified ward.
- Explain the objectives of the survey and the procedure to persons who are to be interviewed.
- Interpret the questionnaire to assist the respondents understand the questions.
- Double-check information on questionnaire and ensure accuracy.
- Identify and report any issues that may arise while attempting to obtain valid data.
- Report to immediate supervisor on completed assignments, and progress daily.
- Achieve daily targets and complete tasks within specified timeframes.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Good listening and problem solving skills.
- Critical analysis skills.
- Good time management, planning and organising abilities.
- Self-management. Flexibility – to work unspecified hours.
Payment: Stipend linked to performance
Closing date for applications is 6 January 2017
can be collected from the Corporate Services: Skills Development &Employment
Equity Unit, 15thFloor Starport Building / 140 Govan Mbeki Avenue, OR downloaded here
OR collected at NMBM Customer Care
Centres. The application form
must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Certified copy of your valid South African identification document (ID)
- Certified copy of your highest qualification obtained i.e. Diploma / Degree and latest Academic Record (subjects passed and marks received)
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
Submit the Application Form along with the required documents to Corporate Services: Skills Development & Employment Equity, 15th Floor Starport Building / 140 Govan Mbeki) OR nearest NMBM Customer Care Centre in Application Box.