Internship: Communications, Marketing and Branding (12 Months) vacancy available for a Public Relations/ Marketing/ Communications graduate.
The successful candidate will be exposed to and gain experience in all aspects of our Marketing and Communications functions in the Info Comms Section.
The National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) is mandated by the Measurement Units and National Measurement Standards Act, No 18 of 2006, under the auspices of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) to maintain, develop and disseminate the National Measurement Standards for South Africa.
In essence, the NMISA provides the international link to traceability for all measurements in South Africa and hence contributes to South Africa’s global competitiveness.
Measurements include, amongst others, electrical measurements (voltage; capacitance; resistance etc.); chemical measurements (amount of substance; certification of reference materials, etc.); optical measurements (refractive index; optical power; laser wavelength, etc.) and mechanical measurements (force; mass; pressure; torque).
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6070- R 8050
12 months contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source corporate /marketing merchandise by liaising with suppliers, getting approval, placing orders, taking stock and ensuring the distribution of merchandise
- Manage the ordering process of all advertising materials, such as posters, invitations, certificates, posters, technical brochure for all departments at NMISA
- Coordinate information for the NMISA internal monthly calendar
- All external event management functions (planning, organising and executing events), assisting with internal events
- Management and Development of event collateral and promotional supplies for the event
- Build NMISA brand by updating and connecting with customers on the following social media platforms Facebook and Twitter
- Continually monitor and suggest improvements for the usability, content and organic search conversion points of NMISA’s website to support the company’s growth objectives with the IT department and agency
- Placement of website banners to drive traffic to the website on partners websites i.e. the dti, department of science and technology, CSIR etc. to increase search ranking on SEO
- Draft and edit content for Internal and External Communications
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
- B.A or B.Tech in Public Relations/ Marketing/ Communications
- Higher qualification would be an advantage
- No experience required
- Competent in MS Office Software package
- Organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Closing date for applications: 16 August 2016
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to NMISA CAREER INTERNSHIP