Posted on :
28 Sep, 2010
28 Sep, 2010
Novell is a firm believer in the power of networking. The company’s products include network server operating systems that connect desktop computers to corporate networks, integrating directories, storage systems, printers, servers, and databases. Novell also provides a version of the Linux operating system, and applications including network management software, collaborative tools, and directory services products. Novell South Africa recruits Sales Director
A JOB SUMMARY
The Sales Director will lead a team of Client Executives (CE) and Partner Executives (PE) to achieve sales coverage, targets and customer satisfaction objectives in assigned named accounts in the VLE market segments and through assigned Partners.
In this senior leadership role, the Director will provide direction and coaching to the CE & PE team to drive new business and expand Novell’s market share, as well as develop and execute plans to increase overall department productivity in line with quota and coverage expectations. The Sales Director will have proven leadership skills and strong internal and external networks, in addition to being an expert in account management, channel management and sales execution.
B PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
– Attainment of (new business) quotas for all products within assigned accounts covered by CE’s
– Attainment of bonus for Integrated Services
– Development and management of a healthy pipeline as per corporate targets
– Manage assigned New Accounts
– Attainment of ongoing customer/client satisfaction
– Demonstrate proficiency, practice and discipline around Novell’s sales process (PPVVC), pipeline
– Accountable for all partner revenue in Country/Area/Geo (except for Global GSP’s)
– Coordinated expansion of indirect revenues and partner growth via the Partner Exec and/or PE
– Attainment of revenue quota for assigned partners
– Attainment of partner satisfaction
– Assist with build-out of PartnerNet specialization
– Oversee the Management of the relationship with assigned partners
– As appropriate, work with the GSP ecosystem partners to deliver revenue and satisfaction around specific joint GSP/Novell partner programs
II COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & EXPERIENCE 1
– Provide leadership and support to PE’s in enabling and growing assigned partners, driving new
partner revenue and improving partner satisfaction
– Provide leadership to Partner Executives in partner management, forecasting, and sales planning
– Support PE’s to develop joint business plans with key assigned partners, including elements such as joint financial sales targets, joint marketing plans, resource requirements, and general account targeting coordination.
– Proactive management of Partner Portfolios including recruiting, managing and exiting of partners based on company objectives and partner performance
– Coordinate channel incentive program execution within the Geo or Area including Demand Agent and other rebate programs with appropriate GEO and Global teams
– Work with Global Partner Execs as well as other Geo and Area Management to ensure interoperability and coordination of the business partners, direct sales, and direct delivery models.
– Work with Global & Geo Partner Leadership to ensure interoperability and coordination on indirect sales within the Geo or Area
– Demonstrate working knowledge of Account Planning and Opportunity Management practices and methodology.
– Track record of success in identifying, qualifying, developing and closing large, complex opportunities.
– Disciplined approach to pipeline management.
– Assess the present and future potential of all accounts and shape the sales plans for Novell’s expanded penetration within these companies.
– Generate proposals for creative integrated solutions from multiple service lines and incorporating the customer’s industry perspective across point solutions and products.
– Develop a clear vision for the direction of the customer’s/client’s business in order to be invited to act in an advisory capacity.
– Translate business objectives and critical success factors into business strategies and a strategic plan.
– Build relationships at the executive level with clients and create ongoing relationships so the company is positioned for long-term wins. Interact with the client/customer at VP and CXO levels.
– Responsible for all aspects of performance management – to include setting clear performance objectives, monitoring performance and holding regular review meetings with each team member, providing coaching and guidance for improvement, supporting and enabling development opportunities.
C Required Education/Experience
– BS/BA or similar degree, in Business, or Computer Science or equivalent experience;
– Requires a minimum of 10 years of work experience in IT sales, software sales preferred.
– Proven sales management (minimum 5 years) track record direct and through partners.
– Experience in the same industry for a number of years (Education, Financial Services, Government, Health Care, Manufacturing, Retail or Telecoms).
– Excellent interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills and creative solution skills
– Self-motivated; ability to take ownership of assigned projects; ability to work independently and with a team and demonstrate influencing skills
– Flexible to meet the changing needs of the team and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments and ability to manage multiple projects
Client Relationship Management
Disclaimer: This job description is for informational purposes, to describe the primary duties, skills and abilities necessary to meet the requirements of this position. This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all requirements or essential functions; it is subject to change at any time.
Novell is an equal opportunity employer and an advocate for workforce diversity.