Posted on :
13 Jun, 2016
• To manage the reconditioning loop of the total reconditioning process for sub assemblies, direct repairs and machine rebuilds
• Responsible to support the Supply function in respective portfolio’s so as to ensure availability of recon items when requested by the client (OTIF)
• Ensure collaboration & integration with suppliers to improve collection performance
• Responsible for dispatching of reconditioning items to suppliers to ensure satisfaction and value add through the total Reconditioning process.
• This will entail the follow up of and manage of sub assemblies from issue to back in bin process.
• Handle breakdowns on plant when no reconditioning item is not available (service exchange) liaise with suppliers to ensure items are available when needed from end-users.
• Facilitate and dispatch of; refurbishment, direct repair items and machine rebuild to suppliers.
• Standby can be required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
Required entry Qualifications:
• NQF Level 5 Technical Qualification
Required entry Years of relevant experience:
• 5 Years Technical experience
Purpose of Job /Role Intent:
Core Elements of Job
1.) Safe and Governed Dispatching of items
2.) Quality Inspections (UD’s) as per Repair Scope
Have QA/QC Knowledge to perform technical user decisions (UD) on all new and current stock items within agreed lead times
Tracking of quality control (NCR Process) and assurance process
3.) Manage Exception messages and Overdue Buyers Queries (VDI).
Query resolution for complex problems (process and systems)
4.) Apply procurement and supply policies, practices, processes and training (RFQ Creation).
Expedite service entries on reconditioning items.
Ensure compliance to corporate governance (DOA) in Supply Chain transactional execution, MM/Supply Chain standards and Technical statutory requirements.
Maintain and govern Document Control for Technical and legal compliance
5.) Must be able to coach/train others related to process, systems, safety and risk as well as general warehouse principles
6.) Must be able to execute transactions; understand the inter-dependencies of the transactions; the risks of non-compliance to policies and procedures; the impact of OTIF on demand planning and execution of work; the financial impact to the business; as well as delivery of mitigating plans to alleviate the risk.Ability to draw reports and manage work execution accordingly. Customer Engagement is high
7.) Must understand the impact of OTIF and cycle times as an ability to render service on business operations and the overall bottom line of Sasol
Reconditioning phase control- by reducing the cycle time (Ensure Phase 1 performance through Business Partnering’s primary involvement)
8.) 1. Must understand the impact of non-compliance (including Safety) related to; his own job, Driver Refurbishment, end user behaviour i.t.o. the physical condition/ contamination of refurbishment equipment, Refu Phase 2 Lay down area, and to ensure/influence compliance
Actively participate in housekeeping and Safety activities to enhance the image of the warehouse