- Work in accordance with guideline set out by Business Development Manager to ensure a successful and timely completion of all operational requirements of the business.
- Assist in the creation of best practises and IOPs for the Airfreight department.
- Ensure strict adherence to the IOP for handling of Airfreight import & export shipments as well as advising of changes to the IOP to ensure IOP is always up to date and relevant. This includes aspects such as shipment co-ordination as well as customer liaison and contingency planning when required.
- Follow the sales hand-over IOP and ensure updates are made where necessary.
- When new account is signed, ensure that a copy of Credit Application is available, in conjunction with sales team.
- Ensure that a client profile form is completed, especially rates sold, in conjunction with sales team.
- Arrange with Finance to have client updated as per Credit Assessment IOP.
- Make introductory call, dependant on customer needs, and get together with the sales team to discuss necessary procedures.
- Ensure all data pertaining to the accounts are available on T-Share drive.
- Maintain relationships with key service providers to ensure Damco is at all times receiving the best in terms of service levels as well as the best rates structure. All actions with service providers are to be covered in a SLA.
- Make use of the sales team as well as the airfreight team to best attack and secure new business and thereby ensuring consistent growth of the department.
- Service and develop new business from customers that make use of Damco Logistics airfreight services.
- Initiate dependently as required, over and above existing sales efforts.
- Maintain all Finance related aspects of the AIR function.
- All financial IOPs to be followed to ensure the correct timing of amongst others – invoicing, file creation, budgeting, receivables, open file report, etc
- Ensure at all times finance issues are up to date
Technical Competencies: (List the qualifications/experience necessary to perform the requirements of the position)
- Bachelor degree or diploma
- At least 5 -8 years of experience in freight forwarding and logistics
- Relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record.
- Financial and operational understanding of an International Supply Chain
Core Competencies: (List all skills necessary to perform the requirements of the position)
- Able to manage stakeholders, lead a team and deliver smooth customer experience
- Requirement to remain well informed & deliver on all
Ability to work under pressure
- Result orientation, quality & timeliness with attention to detail
- A high level of Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and manage crucial conversations
- Ability to coach & develop team members
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed by our business. A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.