Posted on :
25 Jul, 2011
The main responsibility of the Applications Sales consultant (Pre-Sales Consultant) is to secure Oracle product selection. They assist the Applications Sales Representatives drive the adoption of Oracle application solutions within the various industry verticals across South Africa.
• To demonstrate the credibility of Oracle’s Applications products and solutions
• To respond to demand from Applications Account Management for expertise in creating detailed technical and product solutions for specified needs.
• To work as part of Account Teams on specific opportunities to enhance revenue for Oracle Corporation through Applications license sales.
• Product and Solutions focused (Applications), with a depth of knowledge in designated product areas and knowledge of Oracle’s product portfolio
• Contributes to the achievement of a product/business unit target
• Has a good understanding of the Manufacturing, Retails & Distribution industry an advantage.
• Previous ERP implementation background an advantage.
• Demonstrates the credibility of Oracle’s products and solutions
• Present and demo the Oracle Applications solution to customers
• Attend customer meetings with Sales to understand customer needs
• Bring customers up to date with Oracle’s product offering and Value Propositions
• Design and deliver customer demonstrations to articulate, update and evangelise Oracle based technical and product solutions
• Contribute technical and product information in response to Invitations To Tender (ITT), Requests For Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
• Run seminars and workshops for Partner organisations as required
• Create, present and deliver meetings/presentations/seminars and events as required
• Engage with Product teams to maintain product knowledge. Represent Oracle at marketing events as required
• Act as a technical/solution contact for customers in the designated area
• Recognise and communicate opportunities to up-sell based on solutions insight
• Update Pre-sales team (etc) in product and technical knowledge
• Understand the local competitive landscape from product area point of view
• Actively develop product expertise – attend adequate technical training, read White Papers, research using the Internet
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Education / Qualifications
• Degree in BComm or Engineering equivalent
Experience / Technical / Professional knowledge
• Experience in ERP/CRM/SCM/Procurement
• Solution Architect experience preferable
• 5 or more years experience in an IT role
• Knowledge of Oracle ERP Applications (E-Business Suite)
• Experience of large integrated systems advantageous
• Experience in Implementing ERP solutions advantageous
• Previous experience in a support or customer facing role
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment
• Conveys ideas, opinions, and information that reinforce credibility and knowledge
• Seeks others’ input, clarifies issues and actions, and displays discretion
• Demonstrates awareness of the audience’s receptivity and uses appropriate techniques to illustrate key points
• Expresses and articulates key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner.
• Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately
• Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
• Organises and runs face to face meetings
• Proactively shares ones experience and expertise with others
• Seeks information from others outside immediate team
• Makes and delivers presentation internally and externally
• Builds and maintains constructive customer relationships
• Obtains first-hand customer information and uses it to drive demand for current Oracle offerings.
• Maintains a keen awareness of customers’ ongoing business issues, and the impact that Oracle’s products/services could make on their effectiveness/efficiency.
• Follows through and acts on such opportunities.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).