Posted on :
15 Jul, 2014
15 Jul, 2014
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To source and compile a range of commodities by ensuring that the commodities are acceptable to the Pep consumer market. The commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and price points of Pep, in accordance to the departmental directive.
• Supplier management (sourcing and loading)
• Range building (Product sourcing & range development)
• Product determination
• Product order management (Administration)
• Budget management and OTB control
• Research about target market and competitiveness
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
• Relevant Degree (e.g. Consumer Science) or Diploma (e.g. Clothing / Purchasing Management)
• Computer Literacy (MS Office)
• Creative, eye for detail and analytical
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a fully fledged buyer will be an advantage
• Competencies required: Good communicator; Confident; Business Acument; Negotiation and influencing; Planning, organizing and control; Stress Tolerance; Building and maintaining relationships and able to function independently
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
Closing Date: Friday, 18 July 2014